𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 | 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

Chapter Five; The tears of the prom Queen_________________________

_________________________

Los Angeles, CA

"What do you mean, you are leaving?" Darryl stares at Billie. She looked down at her burger, she places her other hand on her ankle when she's sitting cross-legged. They are sitting on the roof of Darryl's car, watching the nice view of Los Angeles with their usual hamburger in their hands. "Billie-."

She nods. "Yes, I am. I'm leaving town soon." She mumbled and looked up at the clear blue sky. Darryl touches his chin, not believing what he just heard.

"B-but why do you have to leave? It's the work from your father! What about Finneas, have you asked him-."

"Of course I have asked to live with him, Darryl." Billie hissed glancing at him. "But my parents don't want to and Finneas is obedient towards them, he won't let me stay with him without the permission of our parents. Also, I will feel guilty since I'm a bother to Finneas and Claudia. I have no choice, Darryl."

"You aren't a bother to them-."

"You know what I mean by that." Billie took a bite of her burger. She shrugged and looked away from him. She swallowed and licked her lips, tasting a bit of ketchup. "They say, that I can start over in Hawaii. That I can start a new life there. With new social interaction. Just, growing up stuff. How am I supposed to do that and where do I start?" She eyed Darryl again. He shook his head.

"You won't have to start anything because you are staying here! You can live with me and my grandma or if you want personal space you can use The Nemesis place. You have the spare key, right?"

Billie smiled. "You know that's not going to work. But you know, as soon as I saved a lot of money I will come back okay? I will hire my place here and I will join The Nemesis again." Darryl shook his head not agreeing with this. "Hey, you and the crew will be fine." She places her hand on his shoulder.

"It's not about The Nemesis. I'm losing my best friend. My friend I have known since diapers, my friend who always danced next to me on the streets since we are little till now. Why are you so fine with this?"

"I'm not fine with it! But what do I have to do? They are my parents, Darryl and I don't have the money to hire something here yet. We both know that I can't stay for long at the place or your grandma's. I don't want to bother her and living with each other isn't ideal for friendship." Billie said. "I have basically no choice, please try to understand."

"Oh-." He touches his head. "What am I supposed to do without you." He whispered.

Billie smiled a little giving him a nudge. "Come on, don't act like a pussy." She chuckled, he laughs a little. "We are always going to be friends, right?"