chapter 69

Painful advice

 (imagine this as Celia)

Lily and James seemed to get closer and it shocked us all.

For years she raged on about how 'James Potter is the worst human being ever' and 'What an arrogant toe-rag, I'll never date him!' I guess she was lying the whole time, wasn't she? I guess it doesn't matter now, they both seem equally happy.

I was glad Remus had told me about his sexuality. I knew something like that was hard for Remus.  He was already reserved and I don't think the notion of his sexuality and love life was something easier to get off his chest.

"What do you think of Celia?" Remus asks me as we sit in the library. I was reading Jane Austen, he was studying.

"She seems ok, it's hard to form an opinion on someone who you don't know."

"Well I hope you do because she asked me to give you this." He says as he slips me a light pink envelope with a beautifully embellished red wax seal. It startled me slightly as it had my name written on the back in beautiful cursive.

"Is this from Celia?" I ask.

"Yea, she slipped it to me earlier after potions and asked I give it to you." He tells me as he theatrically pushes his pen to my shoulder. "I don't know what's in it if you're wondering." He says as he looks back down at his paper.

"Do you think there's a hex in here?"

"Why would there be a hex in there?" Probably because she can sense the way I feel for her boyfriend or the fact we've kissed on multiple occasions.

"I don't know the girl." I tell him with a shrug.

"You have trust issues Vera."

"Tell me about it." I mumble as I carefully unpeel the letter. I pushed it away from me just incase there actually was something terrible in here, for safety measures.

It was just a piece a parchment, a letter actually.

"A letter? Why would she give me a letter?" I asked not to Remus but more to myself.

I unfolded it open and started to read the letter to myself:

Dear Vera,

Please accept my invitation to a personal picnic lunch Saturday, March 3 at 1pm by the Black lake. It will be chilly so a cardigan is advised but I hope to see you in attendance.

Signed,

Celia Sharp

"Did she invite you to a bloody picnic?" Remus asks me with the same amount of astonishment I felt.

"I think she did." I respond, dumbfounded. Why does she want a picnic with me? A private picnic of all things. I wasn't quite sure what that meant but I'm pretty sure it just meant alone time with her.