chapter 38

Have hope

 *TW* mentions of r*pe

I quickly ran back to the cabin where all my friends were situated.

I sink myself down next to Sirius as he continues talking to James out something. My mind was racing and I couldn't stop thinking about his warning. "You better watch your back Reynolds." His voice resonated in my ears as I stared off into the window.

"All right there V?" I turn to see Remus sitting in front of me, handing a chocolate frog.

"Yea, I'm great." I say grabbing the frog from his hand. "Just thinking about school." I say popping the candy into my mouth, in hopes he may leave me alone.

Remus grabs his book and starts to read, leaving me be. I lean my head against the window uncomfortably, wanting to sleep.

I couldn't always be on guard to protect myself around Goyle or Rosier and I sure as hell won't tell anyone because I find when you involve people in your shit, it never ends well. I've been protecting myself my whole life, this is no different.

"You tired Puff?" I turn to find Sirius staring back at me.

"Yea I'm going to take a nap so, don't wake me up." I say with a smile. I lean my head back against the window as I feel a head push my to the other side.

I look up to see Sirius had pushed my head onto his shoulder. I stare back at him as he smiles at me. He gently cups my exposed cheek and rubs circles on it.

"Sleep well." He says. I nuzzle up against him and the wall as I let myself slowly fall asleep.

"Vera come on, we're here." I hear as someone shakes me awake. I look up around to find we had made it to the station in Hogsmeade.

Sirius stands up before me, holding out his arm. I gently lift myself up from my seat to head out of the train and to the carriages.

"You alright? You looked kind of scared when you came back from the changing room?" Sirius asks me. I could tell him, but he hated Slytherins too much already.

"I'm great. I just can't wait to go to my dorm and decorate it." I say with a smile before dashing forward to meet Olivia.

"Hey V, what's up?" I grab Olivia's hand and pull her into a carriage, praying Goyle and Rosier wouldn't see me.

"Let's go." I say out to the front of the carriage. I was able to see the thestrals because I had seen my grandmother die when I was about 7, nothing interesting as some of the stories I had heard from other kids.

The thestral moves forward as we make our way closer and closer to the to the grounds.

"I am so ready for this year. I can't wait to start care of magical creatures." Olivia gushes.

𝐂𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐁𝐨𝐦𝐛 |𝐬.𝐛| On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara