chapter 16

Queens royal calvary

A few days later, it was already Christmas

A few days later, it was already Christmas. Foster was screaming as he made his way around the house to wake everyone up, mind you it was only six in the morning.

"FOSTER SHUT UP!" I scream.

"No can do Vera. Usually I would be scared of you but today is Christmas! Nothing can harm me!" He yells. I pick up a small decorative rock by my bed and angrily chuck it at my head.

"Foster, go to bed. Wake us all up at at least 10." I say before diving my head back under the covers. Instead of hearing my door close, I hear Foster walking towards me and closer to my head.

"There's a ton of gifts from your friends." He teases. I shoot up from my bed and race down the stairs to the kitchen.

At the table sat a pile of gifts and a very sleepy Gavin wrapped in a fuzzy blanket.

"Gavin? What are you doing here, you never are awake this early?" I ask.

"I sleep in the same room as Foster, do you think he didn't have to take extreme measures?" He asks. Foster mischievously raises his wand at Gavin and shouts 'aguamenti' and a blast of water hits Gavin unexpectedly. A look of shock hits his face.

"Oh it's on." He says before bounding up and chasing after him. I laugh it off as I start to shuffle through all the gifts on the table. Gifts from Olivia, Lily, Nico, Peter, Remus, James, Edmund and Sirius. I slowly analyze the parcel. It was small and terribly wrapped. I set it down and start to look at the others.

I had gotten a variety of things from people. Lily had knitted me a hat, James had bought me a few records, Remus got a new sweater, Peter went with the classic candy, Olivia sent me a sage perfume, Nico sent me a dirty sock (because he thinks he's funny) along with a nice pair of socks with small guitars on them and Edmund sent me more classic reading books. Typical, I thought while looking through the gifts.

I inspect the parcel Sirius' gift was in. It was obvious there was a card inside, since the corners of it were popping out. I debated on opening it. If I did, I would feel obligated to read the card. If I didn't open the gift, I would never know. I opted for not knowing. I set my things down and decided to go find Gavin and Foster.

"YOU SHALL PAY FOR YOUR SINS!"

"WELL THEN, IF I SHALL PAY YOU WILL TOO! VENGEANCE!" I walk into the living room to find Foster and Gavin battling with foam swords you would find in a toy store. I quietly stand there as they don't acknowledge my presence, it's quiet the comedy act I may add.

I approach them with a slow condescending clap."Boys, that was truly amazing." They stumble back and look at me surprised.

"Oh um, hey Vera." Gavin says cooley. I pick up the sword and point it at both of them.

𝐂𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐁𝐨𝐦𝐛 |𝐬.𝐛| On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara