chapter 68

Love is in the air

This morning felt off

For starters, I woke up late and approximately 5 minutes to get to my class; I was usually never late.

Secondly, the boys had seemingly not do any morning Valentine's day pranks as it was their usual tradition. But hey, it was only 10 in the morning.

And lastly, every corner you turned someone was doing something romantic. Whether it was Valentine's day cards, asking someone out, chocolate boxes or flowers, love was in the air and it was suffocating me.

I just wanted today be a normal day without romance being shoved in my face because it made me think of him and all I wanted to do was throw that thought as far away from my mind as possible.

I finally stumbled my way to potions as I sat in my seat right next to Sirius. He smiled and I lightly grinned. It was light and quick and that's how I wanted today, and the rest of my days to be, light and quick.

"Happy Valentine's day." He whispers to me. I didn't look at him as I rested my head on my palm, staring at Professor Slughorn.

"Happy Valentine's day." I respond, with clearly less enthusiasm as him. I heard a scraping against the table as I looked down.

He had slid me a small heart shaped box. A chocolate box.

My eyes shot up frantically to meet his as he smiled brightly at me.

"They're from Honeydukes, it's the ones I know you like." He lifted the lid open to reveal small heart shaped delicacies.

"Caramel filled?"

"With white chocolates ones too." He points out. It was such a small gift and to him meant nothing but to me, it made my heart absolutely swell.

"Thank you Sirius." I quickly thank. "I didn't get you anything though." I admit, slightly embarrassed. To be fair, I didn't get anyone anything and I didn't anyone to get me anything.

"It's alright, I wasn't expecting anything. I take appreciation in kisses." He adds as he taps his cheek lightly, pointing it at me.

Oh Merlin.

I teasingly kiss my fingers as I quickly place them on his cheek. That was the most he was getting out of me when he was with someone else.

I miss our old flirtations, random stolen kisses and moments where we found ourselves frozen in a moment that was just the two of us and it felt easy. Like our relationship was easy, it never was. A painful façade, a mirage really.

He held his palm up to the place where my fingers had once been and he did what surprised me the most, he blushed. I don't think I had ever seen the confident, bold and courageous Sirius Black blush before. It was childish and lovely and I would do anything to see it once more.