chapter 39

Bunch of marauders

The next morning, I heard my dorm room door open very abruptly

"GIRLS, WAKE YOUR ASS UP!" I hear Lily yell as she moves to the window to open the blinds. I groan as the light blinds my morning eyes.

"Lily, no." I whine as I attempt to cover my eyes with a pillow. Lily snatches the pillow off my face and throws it off the floor. I stare at her blankly as she looks down at me. 

"Vera."

"Yea?"

"Wake up." She says with a smile. I pull of the covers and stumble out of bed.

"I hate you Lily." I say sneering at her enthusiasm. She gives me a condescending smile as she walks closer to Olivia.

"I know." She says before loudly screaming in Olivia's ear. Olivia jumps up from her bed with an even louder scream.

"MERLIN! You scared me Lily." She says holding her hand to her chest to slow her breathing.

"Get up you two, we need to get our time tables to see if we have any classes together this year." Lily says before rushing over to my closet and searching for my uniform.

"You are such a mum Lily." I say with a laugh. She scowls at me as she starts to magically press down my wrinkly shirt.

"I am not a mum, you just need to get these things done." She says before handing me my entire outfit.

"Yea sure, mum." I before quickly dashing off into the bathroom before Lily can take a swing at me.

I pop out a few minutes later to find Olivia finally awake, talking to Lily.

"You ready for the new school year Vera?" They ask me turning to look at me. I stop what I'm doing to look at them.

"No, but do I really have choice?" I ask truthfully.

"It could be fun, you never know until you dip your toe into the pool."

"I don't know, I'm not a big swimmer." I say with a smile. Olivia and Lily burst out into fits of giggles as Olivia gets up from her spot.

"I'm going to get ready, I'll meet you there ok?" She says. Lily and I give her a thumbs as she dives inside the bathroom.

"Shall we?" Lily asks holding her arm out.

"We shall." I say a I grab my bag and her arm as we head out.

The walk most of the way to the great hall was silent due to the screams and cry's of first years who had lost their way.

"Vera can I ask you a favor?" Lily asks me.

"Sure anything." She takes a deep breath as she lets go of our linked arms.