chapter 19

Late night chats

"So what happened with you and Remus?" I ask her sitting on the edge of my bed

"So what happened with you and Remus?" I ask her sitting on the edge of my bed. She flops on her bed and lets out a happy sigh.

"He's kind of amazing." She says her words tangled with love. I smile at her happiness. Olivia was always so involved with Sirius, she never say any other opportunity. Remus was a good person. He was smart, kind, he cared about you and he liked chocolate. What else could someone have to offer?

"I'm so happy for you Livvy, you deserve someone great." I say walking over to her and giving her a tight hug.

"Thanks Vera. It feels nice yea know? I had been so wrapped up on Sirius, I never noticed Remus before." She says tossing her pillow into the air and catching it. I smile at her.

"I'm glad Livvy." I say embracing her one more time. I look over at the clock and realize Lily's date just ended.

"Lily's date just ended, want to head over to Gryffindor tower?" I ask her. She smiles at me and we get up to leave.

"So how was your date?" She asks bumping my shoulder.

"It was good except, you ruined it." I say. She looks at me confused. "Edmund put his hands on my back pockets and pulled out the stupid condoms." I say angrily. She looks at me in shock.

"Why was his hands on your back pocket?" She asks adding a wink. I roll my eyes at her.

"That is not the important part, the fact is he found condoms in my back pocket. That's your doing. I'm cursed now thanks." I say reaching the portrait door. I mutter the password and we casually enter. The common room was empty, presumably kids still on there dates.

Just before we head up to the girls dorms, Lily pops down the stairs.

"Hey girls. I was just going over to Hufflepuff dorms to try and find you." She says with a smile. We follow her down to couches on sit ourselves down.

"So, how were the dates?" She asks. She must have been holding a of chocolates because she starts to eat something.

"Mine went amazing." Olivia gushes falling back on the chair. She stares at the ceiling in admiration and sighs. I grab a chocolate from the box and lay back.

"How about you Lily?" Olivia asks. Lily stands up and walks to the window.

"It was ok." She says quietly. Confused, throw a empty wrapper at her.

"Why was it just 'ok' and not amazingly perfect?" I ask using air quotes. She sighs but has yet to turn around.

"Amos is so cute and sweet but the whole time we sat there, his friends kept distracting him or other girls coming up to him and asking about Quidditch. We barely had anytime to talk." She says. Even though I could see her face, I knew small tears ran down her face.

Suddenly, a tall figure walks down from the boys dorm and into the common room.

"Oh hey Remus." I add. Everyone turns to him and he stands there like a deer caught in head lights.

"Hey girls, Lily are you ok?" He asks walking over to her. She turns and smiles at him.

"I'm ok." He leads her down to the couch and they both sit down.

"So, how was everyone's day?" He asks excitedly. I snort at him.

"I had an exceptional day until my date found condoms in my pocket." I say looking over and Lily and Olivia. Remus lets out a hearty snort and stares at me blankly.

"Why did you have condoms? Holy shit, did you have sex?" He asks. I stare him down.

"No actually, these two nitwits gave me muggle condoms and told me to hold onto them and when my date went to reach for my back pocket, he touched them." I say scowling at the two girls.

"Well what did he say about it?" He asks grabbing some chocolate as well.

"He basically said that we didn't have to do anything I'm not comfortable and he doesn't want me for my body and yada yada." I say rambling on at the end. I was staring down at my hands until I got scared because no response had come out of their mouths. They all sat there staring at me, jaws dropped.

"What?" I ask.

"VERA! THATS SO SWEET!" Lily exclaims. Olivia smiles at me.

"That's so nice Vera, guys now-a-days just want you for your body and nothing else." She says popping a chocolate into her mouth.

"Hey, what about me?" Remus asks hurt.

"Not you stupid, you care about people to do that." I say leaning back.

"Yea Remus, you're too good to do that. Look, Sirius is cool and all but he does that. He doesn't really care all that much about a girl and the thoughts in her head, he cares about the size of her boobs or butt." Lily says. She did have a valid point. Sirius never really cared to hear about a girls day, he cared about his own pleasure.

"He doesn't just care about a girls body, he can also be sensitive and emotional." Remus adds defensively. Lily chuckles at his attempt to save his friends reputation.

"Yea, call me when that happens." She says as we both laugh. Remus rolls his eyes.

"Besides the whole condom incident, what else did you do?" He asks.

"Oh we did some muggle karaoke? I think that's what it's called and we had a picnic and he read to me." I say cooley. They all make incoherent sounds.

"Vera! That's so sweet!" They exclaim.

"Yea yea, I know. Now." I say rubbing my hands together, "What did you two do?" I say motioning between Remus and Olivia. They both look at each other and blush.

"Oh um, Remus and I actually painted." She said with a smile. He looked back at her and blushed.

"Oh? is that all." I say nudging her arm. They both quickly look at each other, fear in their eyes.

"Well um-." She starts before she's quickly cut off.

"I kissed her and it was amazing." He blurts out quickly. He smacks his hand over his mouth. "Sorry Olivia, go on."

"I was just going to say you kissed me so."

"Oh um, sorry." He says nervously scratching his neck. 

"So it's safe to say you had a good date?" I ask with a smile laugh.

"Very good." She says smiling at him. He returns the smile with a hard blush.

Suddenly, a set of foot steps come down the stairs.

"Well Jolene, I would say I had an excellent time." He says pulling her in for a long kiss. I hear Lily cough and he looks up at us surprised.

"I had a great time too Sirius." She said fiddling with his hair. He chuckles nervously at her as she heads up the stairs to the girls dorms. He comes over to us and sits down.

"Hello everybody." He says with a smile. His attention turns to me and he looks at me inquisitively.

"How was your evening Vera?" He asks. I look at him slyly, why did he care?

"Great." I say passively aggressively. "How about you?" I guess he could hear the tone in my voice as he tilts his head at me and says.

"Absolutely splendid."

AN// awwww Olivia and Remus are too cute for this world. thank you all for almost 4k reads y'all i'm not even kidding that's so amazing. ALSO, i just want to clarify that the candy Edmund gave Vera was not a love potion. i love you all truly and i hope you can all keep on commenting and voting!- Ren