chapter 57

Braids and confessions

"Come on, just for a week!"

"No Potter, I'm not spending Christmas with you're family!"

"They will become your family one day too!"

"Oh my Merlin, no. Not ever Potter." Lily says as she stormed out of the great hall.

"Wait Lily flower hold on!" James calls as he follows her out in a run.

"That's the third time this week he's tried to convince her." Mary remarks.

"Nope." Marlene says sipping her cup quietly. We all look back her surprised as she lowers the cup.

"You mean it's more than three?" Olivia asks surprised.

"Fifth time this week. He's been knocking on our dorms when it's just Lily and I." She adds with a chuckle.

"You've got to be kidding me. That kid doesn't understand no." I say shaking my head as I shovel more food into my mouth.

"Why is he so desperate to have Lily over?" Dorcas asks.

"Because Remus can only go to the Potter's for about a week and James is losing it." I state clearly. Remus had already established he had plans with his family and James was absolutely heart broken and vowed to find someone else to spend his time with.

"Why don't you just spend time with him Vera?" Olivia asks me.

"Why would she spend time with James?" Marlene asks curiously. Olivia's eyes shoot over to me as I stop in my tracks. Marlene, Dorcas, Mary and Alice still didn't know that James was my half-brother and I didn't have a set time when I was going to tell them.

Olivia looks at me with an apologetic look as she mouths 'I'm sorry.' I knew something would slip up sooner or later so in all honesty, I wasn't mad.

"Oh um," I start awkwardly,"I've been meaning to tell you something, but not here." I say. All girls looked and me with looks mixed of fear and intrigue as we get up out of the great hall and tuck away into a familiar corridor.

"You're scaring me Vera, what is it?" Alice asks timidly. I checked around to make sure nobody else was lurking or coming around the corner.

"Ok, I need to tell you something but you absolutely cannot tell anyone because this is my life long secret and I'm aiming to keep it that way." I say as I motion for them to move closer to me.

"This is very spooky Vera." Marlene remarks as Olivia quickly shushes her.

"So," I start nervously, "I'm technically a Potter." I say quickly, emphasizing my words. All the girls stare at me utterly gutted and confused.

"Are you punking us Reynolds?" Marlene asks angrily.

"Punking you? No. Fleamont Potter is my biological father." I say trying to ease all their minds by making it seem more believable.