chapter 50

My love, my life

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY VERA!"

"Christ, it's 6 am."

"But it's your birthday." Lily says sadly.

"So? Let me sleep!" I shout back at her.

"We have presents." She whispers in my ear. I shoot up from my spot and get out of my bed.

"Where?" I ask. She laughs as she opens the door. A whole group of people rush into the room all shouting.

"Happy birthday Vera!" As they rush up to hug me. They attack me in a giant dog pile as I lay on the floor.

"Get off me you wankers." I shout as they all file off me.

"Sorry, happy birthday Vera." Peter says bashfully.

"Wow guys." I say stunned at their gesture, "thanks for the birthday wishes." I could see Sirius pop out of the messy crowd and he smiles.

"Happy birthday Puff." He says as he hugs me as best as he could. He was still sore from his Quidditch injury, but we managed as many hugs as possible.

"Thanks Snuffles." I whisper into the crook of his neck. He pulls away and looks at me with annoyed eyes.

"When are you going to drop that nickname?"

"Maybe, never." I say with a giggle. He throws his head back as I get a clear view of his bobbling adam's apple. I swear I could feel my cheeks blush.

"What do you want to do for your birthday?" Olivia asks, shimmying over to me.

"Sleep." I say tiredly. They all groan as I stare at them, "what? You asked." I say making my way to my bed and plopping down into it.

I could feel the bed shift down as I whipped down over to see Sirius snuggling into my pillow.

"I like your bed, it's so big." He says rolling around on my three additional beds I had pushed together.

"Hey Padfoot! Fuck off!" James yells as he makes an attempt to push Sirius off the bed or more, get away from me.

"Go away Prongs, her pillows smell good." He says digging his face into my silk pillow. His eyes open wide at the realization of what he had just said, and everybody staring at him.

"Thanks." I say awkwardly before turning back to my side. Did my pillows smell good? They just smelt like my shampoo.

"Let's let the birthday girl sleep. We'll come back later Vera." Lily says as she shuts the door behind her.

I nuzzle into my bed not sure of what was going to happen tonight. I always had my friends plan the events of my birthday, since I never knew what I wanted to do anyways. I always said, no parties. I hated when others got drunk and ruined the whole thing.