chapter 36

DIAGON ALLEY!

Almost a week later, it was now time to go get school supplies in diagon alley and James was pretty excited to say the least

"Yay! Yay! YAY! I get to see my Lily-flower, I get to see my Lily-flower!" James sings while dancing around the kitchen. I walk down the stairs to find him now on top of the counter in his underwear dancing stupidly.

"You know James, I don't remember Lily strictly being yours." I add while crossing my arms and staring at him blankly. His head whips around and to me. He tries his best to cover up his bottom half but to no avail.

"Well, she will be mine one day because we're made for each other. I'll die trying to show her." He says bravely.

"Or you could I don't know, work with her love language?" I suggest. He stares at me blankly.

"What is that?"

"What is what?"

"A love language, what's that?" I slap my head at his stupidity, no wonder Lily has been so off-putted by him.

"It's like the language we communicate our feelings and love through." I explain.

"Give me an example, what's your love language then?"

"Well um, I don't really know mine. But like Remus gives out chocolate and likes kind people. Everyone's is different to them. Maybe Lily likes getting gifts?" I suggest. He holds his chin in thought before quickly snapping his fingers.

"I got it! I'll just by her as many gifts as possible." He says smartly. I hit my head as he stares at me confused. "What?"

"You're not listening. That maybe her love language that may not be. You have to observe and understand her and not just jump the gun. Relationships are about team work so you need to actually listen to her and what she says instead of making assumptions that she may like what you're doing."

He stands there in thought, confused at my words, he's clueless!

"Think about it like this, a duo of dancers must work in sync yea? If they don't it's all messed up and the whole performance is shite." I add before sitting down next to him in a chair.

"I think I get it now, thank you Vera." He says before turning to me and embracing me. I lightly hug him back as he holds on tighter.

"James, you're suffocating me." I say hoping he may let go. Nothing. "James, I need air." I say as he finally lets go to look at me.

"Sorry." He says just as I hear the sound of a camera clicking. I turn to see Euphemia standing at the stairs looking at us through a camera.

"Sorry, you two never have civil moments." She says with a smile, "are we ready to head out? Or Vera at least?" The plan was I was to go by floo network and arrive and simply find Remus and Lily.