chapter 60

Goodbye

"Vera! Someone's here for you

"Vera! Someone's here for you."

"It's ok Mrs. Reynolds, I got it." Was all I could hear from inside my room. I laid down on my bed with the headphones Sirius had gifted me a year ago.

I took them off for a second to see if any other noises were calling me and when there wasn't, I popped them back on.

My door opened with a sudden burst as I fell back slightly in my bed at the shock of it.

"Foster!" I cry out in a angry tone. No response from him as a mess of brown hair and glasses stands at the top of the stairs to the loft where my bed sat.

"Hey Vera!" James calls as he dives over to my bed. In his hand was a small bouquet of the beautiful purple aster flowers.

"Hi James." I tell him confused. "What are you doing here?" I ask him.

"I'm picking you up to take you back home obviously, Did you forget?" He asks. A sad look washed over his face as he thought I may have forgot our special plans.

"No James, I just thought you said you were picking me up at night so this is just a shock." I say as I straighten up the surrounding bed underneath me.

"Oh well, it's technically late afternoon in England, I got too anxious and decided to come early. I got you flowers see?" He says as he childishly holds the bouquet out in front of him so I can marvel at his kind gesture.

"They are really lovely, thanks James." I say with a smile as I take them from his hands. I take a small whiff of them as I set them down beside.

Me rocks back and forth on his feet as he looks around at my room.

"Everything alright?" I ask him.

"I've never been to your other room before, it's so full and decorated." He says as he feels the posters on my wall and stares at the small nick knacks I have lying about.

My room in Oregon was decorated to fit me. I have posters, lights; shag carpets, lava lamps and it helped that my bed was in a loft area while the rest of my room was down below. I loved having a loft it made it feel more hidden and personal.

"I guess you really haven't." I say. James had never been to my house because he never had a reason too. I always went to his house and he never usually picked me up, I guess today was different.

"It is very lovely don't get me wrong, it's just odd because back at my house your room is so empty." He adds with a shrug.

"I just never been there too long to decorate it." Since my mission of trying to stay at the Potter mansion for as little as possible, I barely have any memories or frankly any belongings stowed away.

"Well we can change that! We can totally decorate together. I mean- only if you want." He says nervously.

"Sure James." I say with a smile that might help ease him. His face softens as he smiles at me.