chapter 67

Apologies

I would see Regulus in the halls and give him a quick, but very hidden, smile

I would see Regulus in the halls and give him a quick, but very hidden, smile. He wouldn't always smile back, but I saw in his eyes he wanted to.

After all, it was easier for me to smile at him and not get in trouble because if someone caught him smiling at the half-blood Hufflepuff who only hangs out with blood traitors, he would be pummeled.

Almost a month had passed since I had Regulus crying in my arms and it was nice. Not nice to know he was crying because he feels so much sadness and pressure, but that he has someone now and he's not alone. Because being alone, is the worst feeling.

"Lily flower!" James sang in a pitchy tone. Lily promptly turned around in a swift and hasty motion.

"What is it Potter?" She snapped. For whatever reason, and it could be a million, Lily Evans was not in the mood to deal with James Potter.

James jogged quickly up to her as he swung his arm around her shoulder to play with the fallen strands of her hair.

"Potter?" Lily says, seething.

"Yes?"

"Get your hands off of me before you lose your fingers." She retorted. James' arm flew off of her as he awkwardly wiped his hand on the side of his robes.

Lily started motioned for me to follow her forward as we continued to walk down the hall.

"Wait!" James called as he tried to hustle over to us. She paid him no mind as she paced down the corridor. I didn't look back again until I heard a loud thud.

"James!" I cried as James had slipped on floor and landed on his face. I rushed over to his aid as he laid there, moaning on the floor.

"Merlin." He groaned through his teeth. To my surprise, Lily was kneeling down next to me a little giggle leaving her lips.

"What are you getting on about?" I ask as she quiets down. Even as James laid there in pain, he couldn't help but smile as Lily giggled at his stupid mistake.

"Evans," he starts as he sits up, "will you be my Valentine?" Oh shit, I forgot about Valentine's day. I looked at her for her answer. To my shock, she hadn't said no like she always does. It was consistently always, 'piss off Potter' or 'no you arrogant toe-rag' she would angrily spit.

She started to stutter out an answer as we both impatiently sat there, interested in what she would say next.

"Maybe," she says as she gave his hand a quick squeeze, "stop falling for me and maybe I will." She says with a laugh as she stands up and slings her bag over her shoulder. "Vera?" She asks,

"Yea?"

"I'll see you later." She says as she walks away, leaving James in a cloud of confusion and bliss.