"Yes, of course, it's just why would they come to you with the idea and then not put you in."

"Because I'm an outfielder first. I'm the last resort if something were to happen to some of the infield guys."

Adam and Luna share a look as I move on from him and look toward anybody but him. Luna moves closer to the front and kneels down next to Carson and tells him something. She's going to be livid. I can't wait to hear about this later. "We have to talk about that walk-off double. Incredible to say the least. They had the shift on and the ball snuck right past the third baseman. Do you end up thinking that you can hit to all fields?"

"No, you can't. That ends up making you cocky. I like to think I got lucky on a pitch that happens to not be in the shift. Most of the balls I hit end up pull-side anyway. I just got lucky on a pitch that ended up at the wall and scored two runners to give us the lead and win."

"Thank you Christian and amazing win tonight."

"Thank you."

I quickly head out and go back into the clubhouse and get my stuff. I'm gonna sit in here for a bit so she can deal with him in peace. I mean seriously? What a stupid question to ask.

"What's that dude's problem with you?" Travis asks coming back to his locker and sitting down next to me.

I shrug, "That's beyond me. I'm here to play baseball and he thinks he knows what's going on when he doesn't."

"What'd she say to him? It shut him up pretty quick."

"I noticed. I don't know though. She'll tell me later though. I should probably go see if she's done."

"You have fun with that."

I make sure I have everything before heading out. I start to the short walk to her office and notice the door is half-open and some shouting is going on. Having him come to Milwaukee was not the brightest idea.

"Carson, you can't do that. That was a stupid question to ask. How did you see that as okay?" Adam says as I listen. It's hard not to eavesdrop when the door is partially open and there's shouting.

"What do you mean? It's a question that the people want to know. I can't ask questions when the public wants to know what's going on?"

"If it were anything, Craig Counsell would be the first one to know of any changes. He's the one in charge, okay? There's no reason to be asking questions like that. It's unprofessional and completely unnecessary. If there's a major switch like that, trust me, we would know."

"So it's okay for you two to ask questions like that, but not me?"

"We have more experience than you," Adam explains. When is this going to be over? I would like to go home with my girlfriend so we can eat dinner and go to sleep peacefully. I see David and Mark walking down the hallway looking at me.

"Hey, Christian, about that in there, he shouldn't have asked that. That is your business and not anyone else's until there is a prominent decision that might not even happen," David explains to me.

"It's fine. I just wish he would drop it. I don't know how many times I've explained to him that I'm the last resort."

"Do you want me to do anything?"

"Is there something you can do? I don't think you can cut him loose from his job because of a stupid comment. He just has to learn what's appropriate to ask."

"Okay. If you want me to do anything. Let us know. I'm gonna go try to solve this."

"Thank you. Can you send Luna out? I don't want to make things worse by going in there."