Chapter 27

"Where is Tony?" You asked Loki who was reading a book on the ocean at the kitchen island. "He is retrieving Pepper from the lobby." She told you. She glanced down at her book before closing it and giving you all her attention.
"Peter is non-stop talking about going to a pride parade." You sighed and muted your phone. Loki hopped of her barstool and grabbed your hand, leading you into the living room. You sat down on the loveseat and watched the sun set on the New York landscape through the floor to ceiling windows.
"I through Stark out of that window." Loki told you and pointed at the exact point she tossed your brother out of. She waved her hand in front of your eyes and an illusion of Tony falling out of a window started to play. You watched in amusement and turned to face her.

"Silly god with her silly tricks. You can't distract me from this." You told her. She laughed and put her hands up in fake surrender. You chuckled and poked her sides causing her to double over. Unbothered by her current state, you took your phone out and texted Peter.

pride at 12 tmrw. dont run off by yourself again.

technically i wasnt by myself, i was with mj but i see your point. Peter replied. You cursed under your breath and leaned back onto Loki.

"Y/n, Pepper is here. Your boyfriend better not be a cat anymore!" Tony called from the elevator. He walked out to the living room and saw you and Loki on the couch. "Girlfriend, sorry." He corrected himself. Loki inclined his head and when Tony walked away he allowed a bright smile to creep onto his face.

*

You and Loki snuck up to your room when the crowd downstairs got too noisy.

"So what adventure shall we go on tonight?" You asked skimming your bookshelf. Loki chuckled and let a wave of green shimmer over him turning him back into his male form. "What ever adventure you see fit, my love." He replied. You picked out an older book that Loki would surely enjoy. 

  "I'm not familiar with Shakespeare." He thought out loud when you handed him the book. His warm voice filled the crisp air as he read the book out loud to you.

After a while of reading a loud knock came to your door. You sat up and shuffled over to the door, cracking it open slightly, revealing Peter and Bucky. "Whats up guys?" You asked with annoyance in your voice.

"Tony and his friends are to loud for comfort and the kid can't drink." Bucky told you.

"Yeah so can we come and hang out with you guys for a little?" Peter asked from behind Bucky.

"Sure, I completely understand wanting to get away from my brother." You told them and swung the door open completely. Bucky chuckled, "Thanks, Doll." He ruffled your hair and walked in, and sat comfortably on your loveseat. Peter walked in behind him sat criss cross applesauce on your floor.

"Pete, you know we have seats right?" You asked and sat on the bed. Loki scooted closer and cuddled you from behind, planting a kiss on the back of you neck. "What do you guys want to do? "You asked the group.''

"I don't know much about Midgardian culture to suggest an activity." Loki told you.

  "Same with me?" Bucky replied with confusion.

   "Ugh you guys are so uncultured." You whined. Loki chuckled and Bucky jokingly threw a throw pillow at you.

  "We should really teach them something about pop-culture." Peter suggested.

  "Oh thats a good idea." You replied and sat up out of Loki's arms to grab your laptop. You opened the Stark Industries laptop and typed in a web address.

  You and Peter took turns teaching Loki and Bucky about different singers, actors and movies. Loki was ended up conjuring drinks and food for everyone. You sipped carefully on your margarita while Peter quizzed Bucky and Loki on their knowledge so far. "I have to use the bathroom, can you?" You asked Loki. He nodded and summoned a black elastic covering that he placed over the top of your glass.

  You walked off to your en suite, trusting Loki with your drink. "Whats that for?" Bucky asked and pointed the soft covering over your drink. Both Loki and Peter sighed in reply.

  "Its there so she doesn't get drugged." Peter explained. You came back into the room, wiping your hands on your jeans.

  "Okay what have you guys learned so far?" You asked settling onto bed and in Loki's arms.

  "To much to remember." Bucky replied. Before you could respond, you let out a loud yawn. "Love, I think its time for you to go to bed." Loki told you.

  "C'mon Peter," Bucky got off the couch and helped Peter up, "Goodnight." He bid you before leaving your room with the tired spider.

   "Loki, you're staying right?" You asked him. You started to peel off your clothes and change into something much more comfortable.

   "With your consent, of course." He told you. You patted the spot next to you on the bed and with that a shimmer of green passed over him changing him into his sleep wear. He crawled onto the bed causing it to dip next to you. You cuddled up next to him and he ran his fingers through your hair.

   "Goodnight, darling." He cooed. You started to drift into sleep.

    "I love you." You heard his voice say.

Just a dream. You assured yourself that it wad just a dream. Slipping slowly into sweet unconsciousness.

*

Hey besties! Next chapter I'm going to be writing about a pride parade but I've never been to one. So my apologies if its completely inaccurate.

~Olive <3