Chapter 19

The warm colors of the sunset encased you and Loki as you laid on the perfectly cut grass. The scent of dirt filled your nostrils every time you took a breath. Loki stared at the sky making out shapes in the clouds. Two ravens were perched on the tree house ladder, they were the first Earth animal you've seen on Midgard.

"I didn't know Asgard has ravens." You whispered softly to Loki. She shot up and adjusted her dress and shot you a worried look.

"Where do you see ravens?" She whispered back. You sat up gently and pointed at the tree house ladder where the to ravens sat, facing your direction.

"Oh no." She stood up quickly and helped you onto your feet. Now grabbing your hand she ran through the forrest, dragging you behind. A quick wave of gold shimmer washed over Loki and changed him back to his male form. The ravens circled over you as you ran through the now dark forest only lit up by the stars and moon.

"Are they following us?? Whats happening?" You had so many questions but those were the only two you get out while trying to catch your breath. When you were finally hidden from the birds following you, Loki teleported both of you to the castle, in the closest room he could.

You landed on your butt and Loki landed on his stomach. The room you landed in looked old, there was a bookshelf and a table with a bench and a card game on top. The doors behind you creaked open and a couple people walked in.

"Y/n? Are you ok?" Thor's familiar voice brought a wave of relief. You stood up to face the god of thunder, "I'm fine, I'd be more okay if Loki told me whats going on." You replied and poked his hand with your foot. Loki groaned and turned over to face the ceiling.

"Thor? Who's this?" A feminine voice asked. She stepped out a bit more so you could see her clearly.

"I'm y/n, Loki's girlfriend and Thor's teammate." You replied, holding your hand out for her to shake. She took it cautiously before gesturing for other people to enter.

"I'm Sif." She said plainly. Thor chuckled before introducing the three men standing behind her, "This is Fandral, Hogun and Volstagg. And Sif is their leader, she's also normally friendly." Loki finally stood up and wrapped his arms around your waist, resting his chin on the top of your head.

"Darling, lets leave the meatheads alone." Loki whispered. Sif rolled her eyes and walked past you and Loki to shuffle the cards. Hogun and Volstagg laughed and went to go make drinks for everyone and Fandral smugly walked by you and whispered, "Been there done that." You rolled your eyes and pulled Loki out of the room. He laughed slightly before leading you down the hallway to his quarters.

"Fandral??" You whispered yelled. He laughed more before undressing, "It was 100 years ago." He assured you. You started to change into a set of pajamas. You climbed into bed and cuddle up next to Loki and slowly drifted to sleep.

*

You woke up to the sound of feet shuffling and paper rustling, the room was still dark and the curtains barely let the moonlight in. Loki was sitting at his desk frantically writing something on a piece of paper, his hair was a mess from sleep and he was tapping his foot in an uneven pattern. Something was wrong.

"Loki?" You tried to get his attention. He sighed and dropped his quill.

"Go back to sleep, dove." You ordered. You sighed and patted the bed in hopes to get him to join you. He huffed and got up to lay next to you.

"Why can't you sleep Lokes?" You asked him.

"Bad dreams." He replied in his sleepy voice. He hugged you closely and started to fall asleep.

*

"What happened yesterday?" You asked Loki, who was calmly walking around without a shirt on.

"Odin's birds were spying on us, we have to leave after breakfast." He replied, handing you a dress.

"I don't wear dresses." You groaned. Without thinking you undressed in front of him and changed into the dress he handed you, "So if Odin's birds were spying on you, and you're not supposed to be here, are we going to be locked up??" You asked.

"Not if we escape in time." He replied. He grabbed your left hand and led you slowly to the dining hall where Frigga was sitting with Thor and his friends from last night. Frigga shot you and Loki a panicked look before the door behind her creaked open and the old man from before stepped in.

"What is he doing here?!" He roared. Loki tightened his grip on your hand and ran out the doors you entered through and down the hall that leads to the throne room. The guards in the throne room held their spears high up and ready to attack the god of mischief.

"I'm so sorry darling." He whispered before teleporting you to the golden dome, far away from the castle.

"You don't have much time y/n, I need to get you back to Midgard." A rich voice told you. You turned to face the man who welcomed you the day before, "What about Loki? And Thor??" You questioned as your stepped in the center of the dome.

"You'll see them once again." He said before activating the bifrost. The rainbow tunnel encased you and made you levitate an inch of the ground. You shut your eyes tight and held onto yourself for safety. The feeling of your feet touching solid ground came back.

Now on the Avengers Tower rooftop you collapse and the adrenaline rush was over. The New York landscape wasn't enough to comfort you. Tears started to stream down your face when you realized what just happened. The events of your short morning played in your head on repeat. Loki was probably being captured and locked in a dungeon right now. The elevator dinged open, revealing Peter and Tony.

*

A/n: Don't worry, Loki will be safe. Also more Avengers coming soon!