Chapter 5

Quick Author's Note: Please let me know what you guys want to see the characters do in the future. Like what ships do you want, etc. Anyway enjoy this part I wrote it instead of sleeping last night because I have insomnia ~ olivia 💖
————————————————————————
When you returned from bowling, the night was pretty uneventful..well for the most part. You had gone up to your room to change it to more comfortable clothes but before you could change there was a knock on your door. It was the fourth knock of the day.

"Come in!" you yelled. Loki stepped in.

"May I read in here?" he asked.

"Uh sure."

He went to your book shelf to swap out books then proceeded to sit on your bed. Usually when he came in to read, he sat in your couch. You assumed he was just warming up to you.

You still wanted to change though, "Hey I'm gonna change so like turn away or something,"

"I'm not looking." he didn't look up from his book. You quickly changed in the corner and like he said, he didn't look up once. When you were finished you sat by his side on your bed. You finally had the chance to actually study his features, his raven hair rested neatly on his shoulders, it wasn't nearly as greasy as it was when he first arrived. He had emerald eyes that  were complemented by dark circles, he had sharp cheek bones and a tiny healing cut on his forehead. He was too mesmerized by his book to notice you staring. His hair was his most compelling feature, you wanted to feel it so you reached out to touch it. Before your hand met his hair he grabbed your wrist.

"You cannot hurt me, darling," he hummed, closing his current book. A wave of confusion washed over you.

Why did he think I'm going to hurt him? Darling?? Darling?! What? You thought.

"I'm not going to hurt you!" you exclaimed. He studied your face, as if he was looking for a lie. His arm was still wrapped around your wrist. Before either of you could say something, Thor burst in.

"Lady y/n! Have you seen Lo- oh." he blurted. Loki dropped your hand and turned to his brother.

"What do you need?" Loki sourly asked.

"Um nothing, I didn't see you anywhere so I thought you had run off.." Thor stammered. Loki's face filled with distaste and anger. Before he could say anything he might regret, you quickly interjected.

"Thor he's fine, he wouldn't have ran off."

"Right, of course," he said awkwardly before leaving the room. You gave Loki and apologetic look. Nobody seemed to trust him. Not even his own brother.

"He's not my brother," he growled.

"D-did you just read my mind?" you asked.

"Yes, I can read everyone's minds. Your thoughts are the quietest though."

"Ah that's not creepy at all.."

"Well I don't read your mind all the time."

"Mhm, what about the others?"

"I don't enjoy reading their minds, they don't think very highly of me," he mumbled. Yikes.
He read in silence for the next half an hour while you scrolled through Facebook. Apparently someone had seen you guys at the bowling alley and snapped a picture of Loki smiling.

"Hey look at this," you showed him the picture. He examined the photo and then your phone. Then he sighed.

"What? Are you upset that the world knows you're a big softy now?" you teased.

"I'm not overly fond of people know that I'm on Midgard." he sighed again.

"Oh, well I'm sure most people will forgive you, look you already have some fangirls," you said pointing at your screen. There were comments of girls swooning over Loki, and honestly you couldn't blame them.

"'Fangirls'" he asked.

"Oh ok, you don't know what that is, um, so they are girls who think you are attractive, theres also guys drooling over you," you replied scrolling through more comments. He blushed at the thought of people interested in him.

"What are people saying?"

You handed him your phone so he could read the comments. You read them with him.

'Omg that smile makes me completely forget about New York'

'Wow he's fine'

'Damn he could take over the world anytime'

'What the hell is he doing on Earth?!'

'Are the Avengers brainwashed?'

You had completely forgotten about the negative comments. He looked upset as he handed your phone back to you. He did a good job hiding his emotions but now it seemed like he wasn't trying.

"Loki.." you put your hand on his back, trying to comfort him and figure out what to say.

"What?!" he snapped.

"Hey, calm down. Those people don't know you, they don't know that you were brainwashed," you stated, hoping that would give him some comfort.

"Yeah, but what I did was still wrong. I hurt people. Now I have to stay on Midgard with beings that hate me." he croaked.

"Not everyone hates you," you pointed out. He chuckled remembering the thirst comments he had just read.

"Yes, but everyone in the tower hates me."

"I don't hate you," you protested. He looked up finally meeting your gaze. His face was unreadable now.

"Why don't you hate me? You have every right to. I threw your brother out a window, I hurt your friends.." he trailed off.

"You. Were. Brainwashed!" you exclaimed, "I have no real reason to hate you." He finally looked away and accepted that not everyone hated him.

"You may feel my hair now.." he said after a couple moments of silence. You reached out to touch his hair again, this time he didn't grab your wrist, he just flinched. His hair was extremely soft. You ran your fingers through it a couple times before retracting your hand.

"Miss y/n, Mister Loki, dinner is ready." J.A.R.V.I.S announced. The two of you got up and headed downstairs together. When you got to the dining area, everyone was already there. Nat had made a Russian dish. The remainder of dinner, the team were making conversation with each other and you and at some points they even tried to include Loki.

 The remainder of dinner, the team were making conversation with each other and you and at some points they even tried to include Loki