Chapter 21

A week passed, and there was still no sign of Loki's return. Steve and Nat returned though. With someone new. He had a metal arm and long hair that reminded you of Loki.

"Hey y/n!" He greeted you on his way out the door. His long shaggy hair framed his smiling face.

"Hi James." You greeted back. He brushed through his hair and took a bite of his bagel.

"Where you headed?" You asked him nicely as you started chopping some fruit. He finished his bagel before responding, "Therapy." He stepped into the elevator leaving you alone in the common area. You continued to chop fruits and blend them into smoothies for everyone.

"Hey Jarvis, can you call everyone down for breakfast?" You asked while setting the table.

"On it miss." The AI replied. One by one Avengers started shuffling into the dining area.

"Whats all this for?" Tony asked sitting at the end of the table. You sighed and sat at the other end, "To get my mind off of Loki and to be nice to my family." You replied and patted Peter on the back.

"So Midtown is having a field trip to Philly and I was wondering if one of you could chaperone for me." Peter spoke up.

"I could go," you offered. Anything to help your favorite spider out (sorry Nat) and its something to distract you from Loki.

"Really! Thank you mo- I mean y/n!" He exclaimed. Your face turned bright red at Peter almost calling you 'mom'.

"Okay well thank you for breakfast." Steve coughed awkwardly and stood up.

*

Loki's Pov:

Loki approached the throne in chains that cuffed around his neck, wrists and ankles. Odin looked pleased at his suffering while Frigga and Thor had concern plastered on his face.

"Why are you treating him like a criminal?!" Thor demanded.

"Because he is!" Odin yelled.

"No he isn't, he came here because you were sick. He's been behaving on Midgard." Frigga protested. Odin scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Don't you dare disrespect me!"

"Let him go back to Midgard, he's in love." Thor told Odin.

*

Your POV:

"Pete what do we need for the field trip?" You knocked on his half opened door.

"Oh hey y/n! Probably just a lunch, chargers and some money." He said scratching the back of his neck.

"Okay, we leave at 7:30 tomorrow." You told him.

"Okay!" He replied. You walked down the empty hallway and into your room to take a shower. On your bed was a piece of paper and a familiar quill.

I'll be home within the next two days, darling. ~Loki

A smile grew on your face and you wrote back quickly.

I can't wait! ♥︎

*

"I have dinner!" Bucky yelled walking into the main area. Steve shot up, "What do you have Buck?" Bucky raised his arm up revealing Chinese takeout containers.

"How did you learn how to order takeout?" Nat asked the solider. You sat and watched as Bucky interacted with all the Avengers. There was something off about him.

"So he's your childhood best friend?" You asked Steve who sat next to you.

"Mm, yeah," He replied with a mouth full of rice.