Chapter 24

You crept over the rusted door with your ears still ringing from the harsh noise the falling door made. Loki followed closely behind you, with his hand on your lower back and his eyes darting around the dark building for any sign of a threat.

  A stack of boxes in the corner topled over causing an explosion of chalk to cloud your vision. When the dust settled, paw prints of what seemed to be a cat were visible. You let your eyes scan the room for a furry stranger but had no luck.

  "There is light coming from under this door." Loki stated and pointed at a door almost identical to the one you knocked over. You got down on the dirty factory floors and peeked under the door. You saw two pairs of feet sitting next to each other and a table in between them.

  Standing back up, you summoned your Iron Man glove and blasted the door back. Loki quickly used his magic to levitate the door to the ground so it didn't alert any threats.

"Oh my gods." You whispered. Peter and MJ were unconscious with tape over their mouths. Their feet and arms were tied to their chairs by rope and their bags and belongings were on the table that sat in between them.

  You rushed over to Peter's side and begun to untie the ropes around his wrists, while Loki worked on MJ's restraints.

"Pete, c'mon wake up!" You shook the cair he was occupying once you were finished with the rope. He was unresponsive so you pulled out your phone and texted Tony.

SOS at B.C Chalk Factory.

You turned your phone off and decided to look for any sign of the kidnapper. Around the factory, you saw baskets of cat toys, and cat trees of various heights, along with stacked containers wet cat food beside the jars of treats and cat nip. On one of the small spectating balconies, there was a cot and a cat bed, accompanied by a journal and camera.

Out of the corner of your eye, you caught a glimpse of a calico cat with a shiny silver bell dangling from a thin black collar around its neck.

"I see you, you sly kitty." The cat darted from under the stairs to the balcony railing directly in front of you.

"Careful darling, the cat may be dangerous." Loki told you cautiously as he walked up the metal steps. The cat hissed at Loki's comment which made you laugh. "What's your name buddy?" You reached your hand out to check for a tag on its collar. It meowed loudly and scratched you before falling of the railing and landing on its feet on floor below.

"What are you doing to my cat?!" A seductive feminine voice called out behind you. You turned around to see a tall woman with long silver hair in a black skin tight costume. You hopped down from the balcony to face the crazy cat lady.

"What the hell are you wearing?" You jokingly asked her. She scoffed in response and pulled out a lengthy black whip. Loki shape shifted into a black cat with bright green eyes in response and started to chase the calico around.

He gracefully chased it up stacks of boxes while the woman in black cracked his whip around your waist and pulled you close to her.

"Let me go!" You struggled and beat your fists down on her back and squirmed around in the the whip that was squeezing your organs.

"See, I'd love to let you go," she started, "but I lost my spider and someone has to pay." She pulled you back to the room where you found Peter and MJ, but they were gone. Along with all their possessions.

"Why did you capture Pete and MJ?" You asked and started to pry the whip away from your torso. She laughed maniacally and pushed you to the ground and retracted her whip.

"Pete, Pete, Pete.." She whispered. You sat up on your elbows, scared to stand all the way up. Out of the corner of your eye, you watched Loki chase the crazy woman's cat around the warehouse. He was able to knock over a couple of boxes and back the calico into a corner where you saw a pet carrier earlier. Loki backed up out of the chalk dust and did a final head butt, pushing the cat into the carrier.

  He climbed on top of the remaining boxes delicately and perched himself by a shattered window. You eyed him in confusion as he lifted his paw to the window. Looking closer, you could see Ironman hovering and communicating with Loki.

At the sound of a crack, you turned your attention back to the cat lady. "I'm Black Cat, by the way." She stuck her hand out to introduce herself. You shook it sheepishly and she pulled you up to your feet.

"Don't you dare touch her!" The sound of Tony's voice met your ears as the Avengers piled in. You slid under the center table and pulled your phone out to call the authorities.

"She's not worth our time guys, she's just a kid with a crush and obsessive tendencies." You explained, pulling her black mask off her face. The team lowered their weapons and approached her cautiously. She sighed and dropped her whip.

Loki removed himself from his window to greet you in his cat form.

"To be honest, I think I prefer Lokitty over Loki." You joked and scooped up the handsome, fluffy cat. In response, be playfully sunk his teeth into your finger and meowed.

*

Lokitty is the most superior form of Loki.