Chapter 4

Loki had been at the tower for a week now. He was devouring almost any book you threw at him. He had also started to read in your room with you.

Knock Knock. It was 10 am. Who could possibly be up at 10 am? You sat up and groggily limped over to the door. You opened it to see Tony standing there.

"Hey kid, I was planning a little bowling trip for the team today and I need your help with something," he chirped. It was almost like he didn't sleep, he was always so lively.

"Yeah good morning to you too. What's up?" you replied rubbing the sleep from your eyes.

"Well I want everyone to go, that means we have to take Loki. We can't leave him by himself, so I need you to convince him." he said slowly.

"What makes you think I can convince him?"

"Well, he seems to want to stab you less than the rest of us."

"Right of course, I'm at your service," you joked. He gave you a smile and walked away to alert the rest if the team. You went to go shower and prepare yourself for the hell that is convincing Loki to do anything.

Knock Knock. Another godamn knock.

"Who is it now?" you asked while drying your hair with a towel. Thor burst in.

"Lady y/n! Come on I need your help convincing Loki to join us!" he yelled grabbing you arm and pulling you to Loki's door.

"Go ahead, knock" he whispered. You knocked and shot Thor an annoyed look. Loki opened the door. His face showed a slight smile when he saw you but it immediately faded when he saw Thor next to you.

"What?" he asked flatly. Thor gave you a look that said 'go on'.

"Um, the team wants to go out today and we kinda can't leave you alone so you're gonna have to, er come with us." you said quickly. Smooth y/n, you thought to yourself. Loki looked at Thor then back at you.

"Allright fine." he slammed the door in your faces. Thor gave you his signature smile and a thumbs up, which caused you to roll your eyes.
You strolled back to your room and closed your door behind you.

Knock Knock. You groaned dramatically.

"What the actual fuck do you want?" you whined as you opened the door. Oops, it was Loki.

"Oh I'm sorry," he said.

"No, no I'm sorry, I just keep getting 'visitors'" you replied cringing at yourself.

"It's quite allright. Stark told me to inform you that it was time to go."

"Oh okay," you turned around to grab your bag.

"Shall we?" you said jokingly. He gave you a look, it wasn't one of his normal looks you've seen so far. He usually had a look of disgust or anger, sometimes amusement around you but this look was odd, at least odd on him. You both walked down the hallway in silence and stood in the elevator in silence. When the doors opened to the lobby the entire team was standing there waiting. Tony looked up as did Clint and Bruce.

"Why are you guys together?" Tony asked pointing at Loki and you.

"I don't know, maybe because you asked him to come and get me." you replied stepping out of the elevator.

"I didn't ask him to get you, I was actually just about to have J.A.R.V.I.S to get you." Tony replied. Confusion was painted on his face. You turned to Loki who just stared at you blankly.

"Just couldn't help yourself from lying?" you teased and nudged him in his side. He smiled, or his lips twitched. The smile was short you couldn't tell. The entire team gave each other weird looks before loading into a black SUV. Tony and Steve sat in the front. Clint, Nat and Bruce sat in the middle while Thor, Loki and you smooshed into the back row.

The front and middle rows were filled with conversation. The back row was awkwardly silent. Thor was staring out the window admiring the building the car passed, Loki was smooshed in between Thor and you. He looked annoyed but he had a book to comfort him. You were on the other end, you only brought your phone as entertainment.

When the you arrived at the bowling alley, the entire team shuffled out of the SUV. Tony paid for two lanes and bowling shoes for everyone. While Steve, Clint and Nat picked out bowling balls for everyone, you had to explain the concept of bowling to Thor and Loki. Thor excitedly listened while Loki just sat there. He didn't want to play.

"Hey," you whispered to Loki once Thor got up.

"What?" he whispered back.

"I bet I can beat you," you said smirking, you knew he wouldn't want to lose anything to a human. He gave you a smirk back, he knew you were trying to trick him but he didn't seem to mind.

"Fine," he sighed in fake defeat. When it was your turn you made sure to demonstrate to the Asgardians how to bowl, just to make sure they knew how. You bowled spare and sat down smugly next to Loki. After a long night of bowling, Thor was in first place, Steve was in second place, Nat in third, Loki in fifth, Tony in sixth, you in seventh and Bruce in last.

"Haha I beat you!" Loki triumphed. He was glowing not literally but he was happy. He had a huge grin plastered on his face. Happiness was rare look on Loki since the whole team made him feel unwelcome.

On the ride home everyone sat in their places but it wasn't as awkward this time. Thor admired more buildings.

"Loki look! Look at these amazing buildings," Thor exclaimed pointing at the window. Loki chuckled and rolled his eyes.

"Thor, I bet the buildings in Asgard are better," you chuckled. He gave you his signature smiled and turned his attention back to the passing skyscrapers.

Loki leaned down to whisper into your ear, "How about Thor?" he asked.

"What?"

"Why don't you court Thor?" he asked casually.

"One, he's dating Jane. Two, he's almost like a brother to me. Three, he's not my type."

"So Lady Natasha was correct, you do have a type?"

"I suppose yes, she was right." you sighed.

" you sighed