Chapter 13

"You know how to drive?" You asked. He started the car and smiled to himself.

"Natasha and Clint taught me, but this is my first time trying without them." He pulled out of the garage and started to drive slowly. You noticed how he shakily held onto the steering wheel and his eyes raced around the road in front of him.

"You okay, Lokes?" You asked him gently. He turned to you for a quick second and gave you a reassuring smile.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm great!" He lied. After a half of hour of driving, he pulled into a parking lot with a building, with a bright neon sign. It read 'Ceilo's'.

"Where are we?" You asked, hoping out of the car. He held onto your hand and led you to the entrance of the building.

"It's a new cafe." He explained. He held the door open for you and flashed you a charming smile. Inside the cafe was neatly decorated with fake vines and flowers. There were no tables but what seemed to be reused furniture. The beauty that surrounded you made your face light up as you twirled around to view every inch of this new location. Each decoration glimmered under the twinkle lights.

Couples were scattered everywhere, sitting comfortably in the second hand furniture. A brightly dressed girl stood at the front of the shop. She stood at a microphone waiting for silence. Once the crowd realized what she was doing they hushed. Their eyes glued themselves to her bright persona. Loki lead you to a red loveseat with battered throw pillows.

The girl took a deep breath and started to speak. Her soft honey like voice washed over the silence. She started speaking about her recent struggles. How her mother was doing, how her girlfriend was. Every word was powerful and just right. She never stuttered or hesitated. Her confidence gave you chills.

Instead of listening to the girl's rant, Loki kept his eyes on you. He looked nervous still. A lot was on his mind.

Tonight was the night.

The night he would come out. He knew that sexuality was different on Earth, and the the thought of you not accepting him, worried him. When the girl finished her speech, you turned to Loki. A look of pure amazement plastered on your face. He gave you a weak smile and took a deep breath.

His sudden change in personality caught you off guard.

"Are you okay, Lokes?" You asked, placing you hand gently on his.

"I'm fine, y/n." This shocked you, he never called you 'y/n'. You pulled your hand away and tapped your thigh. The uneven pattern of the noise always frustrated Loki.

"Would you stop that? What do you want to drink?" His words we sharp. Stabbing you slightly.

"Tell me whats wrong?" You ordered. A sudden surge of confidence overcame you. Almost like you were taking from the brightly dressed girl. He snapped his eyes up to you. He wasn't used to you talking to him like that.

"Nothing, darling." He replied. His words were softer again. You watched him for a couple more seconds. He was watching a man on stage vent about his problems now, but out of the corner of his eye he saw you. He turned to meet your gaze. Your smile gave him butterflies and slight assurance. He took a deep breath and patted his leg softly.

A/n: I know this is short but its literally been in my drafts for months. I'm so sorry for not posting, but please give me some ideas for the next chapter.