Chapter 17

"Are you sure you have everything?" Loki asked, looking down at your one suitcase. The suitcase was [your favorite color] with your initials embroidered on the front.

"Yeah, we're only going for a couple days right?"

"Yes but theres no need for packing light."

"Sorry your majesty, I'll pack like royalty next time." You jested. He rolled his eyes and grabbed the black handle of your suitcase and pulled it to the elevator. You said your final goodbyes to everyone and gave Peter a big hug. You and Tony were starting to become mentor figures to him. You gave him $200 for a school field trip to MoMA.

"Good luck on your mission!" You said to Steve and Nat. You kept giving hugs and making small talk to waste time. Eventually, Loki wrapped his arms around your waist and dragged you to the elevator where Thor was waiting patiently, "Bye guys! I love you!" You called out one last time before the large elevator doors shut in your face. Once the elevator doors shut your nerves started to kick in. You remembered the dream that you had the day before. Your mind raced and your heart beat quickened. Thor and Loki stood in silence staring straight head in the small shared space. Breathing heavily you looked around a bit. The elevator started getting smaller and smaller like it was going to swallow you whole. You felt crushed and backed up into Loki who wasn't paying attention at all.

"Dove, are you ok?" He whispered in your ear. He placed his hands on your shoulders which calmed your nerves a little bit.

"Yeah, I'm fine." You replied with a sigh. He hummed a skeptical tune before resting his chin on the top of your head.

Ding!

You stepped out of the elevator along with Loki and Thor, dragging your suitcase behind you. You viewed the the New York scenery quickly before stepping on the permanent black ring that Thor uses for the Bifrost.

Thor raised his hammer while Loki wrapped his long arms around your practically trembling body, "The Bifrost takes a while to get used to, darling." Loki comforted you and placed a warm kiss on the top of your head.

A beautiful rainbow tunnel appeared around you three and sucked you up. You squeezed your eyes shut and felt butterflies in your stomach, almost like you were falling. After a couple of seconds your feet felt solid ground again.

"Greetings my princes, and y/n" A man with bright orange eyes and a large sword stood in the middle of the golden dome that surrounded you to welcome the royalty that had just arrived. Thor and Loki nodded in his direction and guided you through the dome.

In front of you was a gorgeous rainbow bridge that laid over what seemed like an endless nothingness. It stretched all the way to a golden city with a large and shiny palace in the middle.

*

After walking for what seemed like forever, you arrived at the castle. Two guards stood in their positions and greeted the princes. They looked you up and down before scanning your bag for any dangerous items or weapons.

"She didn't bring anything dangerous." Loki growled before snatching your suitcase from the guards. He held the large gate door open for you and Thor while giving the guards a look that could kill.

The palace interior looked familiar. It was the place from your dream. The same woman stood welcoming Thor and Loki.

After greeting and catching up with his mother, Loki introduced you to her, "Mother, this is y/n, y/n this is my mother, queen Frigga."

"You can just call me Frigga," The queen smiled, holding her hand out for a hand shake. With a sigh of relief, you shook her hand and gave her a friendly smile. Now that the nerves were starting to fade, you could finally focus on your new surroundings and Frigga.

She walked you and her sons down a long corridor until finally you could see a door. When she pushed it open, there was an old man on a bed, encased in transparent gold. He had an eyepatch and white beard that reached his neck. Realizing this man was Odin, you looked to Loki for confirmation. He nodded in your direction before facing straight ahead. Instead of looking at Odin and worrying, he stared straight ahead at the wall.

Thor stood at the foot of Odin's bed with Frigga, she told him what they knew about Odin's illness. Instead of focusing on Loki doing absolutely nothing, you decided to listen to Frigga list her husband's symptoms.

"He has a terrible fever." Her warm and happy voice was now sad and concerned, "He was extremely tired with a bad cough, before we put him under." Loki finally snapped back to reality, he looked at you before grabbing your arm.

"Mother, I'm going to take y/n on a tour of the castle." He told Frigga who was on the verge of tears. She only nodded before he quickly pulled you out of the room.

"What the hell was that, are you a robot??" You asked, rubbing your arm. He sighed and started walking down a long hallway.

"No, I'm not a robot...I think. But did you hear what my mother was saying? She was listing Midgard symptoms that we don't usually get here." He said without losing any breath. He walked at a fast pace down the corridor while you struggled to keep up.

"Okay, maybe you had a visitor." You replied out of breath. He stopped in his tracks and turned to you.

"Asgard doesn't like people from Midgard visiting." He said plainly. You chuckled before grabbing his hand.

"Brother! Y/n!" From what seemed like a mile away, you could hear Thor's loud, electric voice calling out for you.

***

Here is where I want to stop today because I want tomorrow's chapter to be longish. I hope you guys enjoyed.

Is there anything ya'll want to do while we're in Asgard? I already have some things in mind, but I'm down for suggestions.