Chapter 8

A/n: Sorry this is kind of short, but I'll make up for it eventually. I wanted to say thank you for the 100 reads as well, it makes me so happy knowing that people are reading my work. Anyway enjoy!!

"Are you scared?" Loki asked.

"No, why would I be?" you lied. You weren't scared of him because he was now powerful. You were scared that he was going to leave you alone. He was your closest friend now. It would suck if he left.

"You're scared I'll leave," he replied. He almost looked hurt.

"Yes, you're my friend and I'm scared to lose you. Just like how I'm scared to lose any of the Avengers." you quickly explained yourself. He gave you a half smile.

"Would you like me to show you my abilities?" he changed the subject. You nodded.

"Here I'll teleport you, grab on," instead of grabbing onto his arm like he expected, you wrapped your arms around his waist. He teleported the both of you to your room.

"Cool!" you exclaimed letting go of him. You plopped onto the bed and gestured for him to sit next to you. Suddenly a book appeared in his hand, he started to read.

This is how you spent your days. You would hang out with Loki in your room reading whenever the team was busy. After a couple of weeks of this your friendship with Loki grew stronger.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Tony is requesting your presence downstairs." J.A.R.V.I.S had startled both you and Loki. You headed downstairs to see what your idiot brother wanted.

"Whats up Tony?" you asked plopping onto the loveseat. Loki sat next to you like he always did.

"Well I thought that we should throw a party to celebrate the one year anniversary of us kicking Reindeer Game's ass." he replied causing Loki's eyes to roll.

"You could probably word that better," you scolded him. You gave Loki an apologetic look.

"Well anyway the party is tomorrow, you have to attend."

"That means you too, Lokes," you playfully nudged his side. He rolled his eyes again. One day they might get stuck.

"Are we done here?" you asked but before Tony could answer you walked off. Loki stayed behind with your older brother.

"What?" Tony snapped.

"Its y/n, I've grown to like her a lot and I don't know what to do. I thought I'd talk to you about it since she's your sister," Loki spat out his words rather ungracefully. He was nervous. His feelings towards Midgaurdians were restricted to hatred and annoyance but around you his feelings changed. He was happy and be opened up. But you were just a friend. But how can she be just friend? No no, just a good friend. He tried to assure himself.

"You have a crush on my little sister?" Tony asked. His voice was laced with confusion and anger. Loki nodded. Oops. He meant to say 'no' but he couldn't lie anymore. Tony got up to grab a drink.

"Of course you do, she's so sweet and oddly nice to you." Tony to a swig of his drink. His anger and confusion calmed into a state of happiness. He knew that at least Loki wouldn't try to harm you.

"You're right, I would never hurt her." Loki read Tony's mind.

"Right, well I don't know how she feels, all I can say is play nice." Tony took another sip of his drink. Loki stood up and headed to your room.

He grew out of knocking but that was a mistake. He walked in on you crying to Thor.

"Oh, I'm sorry," he quickly closed to door.

"I'm not sure if he feels the same way, but he has taken a liking to you, so cherish that." Thor smiled at you before walking out, Loki walked in after him.

"Whats wrong, darling?" he hurried over to your side as you wiped the tears from your eyes. That nickname would be the death of you.

"Why do you call me that?" you changed the subject. You did not want to tell him that you just confessed you feelings for him to his brother.

"I- uh I um I don't know. I'm not sure, it just seems to fit." your question seemed to catch him off guard.

"You didn't answer my question though, darling, why are you crying?" he pressed.

"No reason, I just cry sometimes," you threw your crumpled up tissue into the trash. He looked upset that you weren't tell him what was wrong. He sighed. Then he sighed louder.

"What drama queen?!" you snapped

"Nothing," he sighed again.

"Allright out!" you pointed at the door.

"What why?" he whined.

"You keep sighing, if you stop you can stay,"

"Fine," he mumbled and leaned back. He started to read while you searched your closet for something to wear to the party tomorrow. You finally came across and green dress. It had a v neckline and a slit in the front. You hung it up on your closet door and sat back down next to Loki.

"Is that for me?" he joked.

"Sure is, I think it would look great on you," you joked back. He laughed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today was the day of Tony's big party. Tony was scrambling around trying to get enough alchohol to drunken the Super Soldier and Asgardians on the team. Nat, Clint and you were getting ready together. Clint was there to do your makeup and since he was married it didn't matter if he accidentally saw you and Nat changing.

Steve, Thor and Loki were moving tables around to make sure there was enough room for dancing while Bruce kinda just sat around trying not to stress out. By the time you, Nat and Clint were finished getting ready guests were starting to file in.

Downstairs Tony was showing off what liquor he could find when you and Nat emerged from the elevator. Loki's eyes were on you but he quickly adverted them to the ceiling when he saw Clint was also with you. He felt a weird feeling in the pit of his stomach, he knew the feeling. He had felt it whenever Odin praised Thor instead of him or whenever he saw a guy talking with you. He was jealous.