Chapter 3

It was now morning. You woke to J.A.R.V.I.S informing you that the team had left and that you were supposed to watch Loki. You figured you could trust him by himself for a bit.

You looked around your bedroom. It was indeed a mess. Piles of clothes were thrown everywhere. Your sheets were covered in crumbs and your dresser was covered with dust. A waist basket by your desk was filled with remote batteries and crumpled up sketches. You decided it was time to clean it all up. You turned on some music and got to work.

After you dusted and changed your sheets there was a knock on your door. You opened to see Loki standing there.

"Oh hey! Good Morning Horns!" you yelled over the music.

"What the hell are you doing?" he asked peering into your room.

"Oh I'm just cleaning up my room," you replied bobbing to the music playing. He looked around the room from the doorway.

"Would you like assistance?" he asked.

"Yeah sure, I'm supposed to babysit you anyway." you said pulling him into the room. He shot you an annoyed look.

"Sorry, I don't mean to make you feel like you need baby-sitting, the team just doesn't trust you yet." you said as the song playing ended. He nodded and started to pick up piles of clothes. After a while of dusting, vacuuming and picking up clothes your favorite song came on. You hopped up onto your bed and started singing your favorite part. Loki looked up at you. When you realized he was looking at you, you stopped and climbed off your bed.

"Sorry," you said sheepishly.

"Don't be, it was..amusing," he replied. You smiled and went back to cleaning your room.

Once you were finished, Loki sat on your couch. He was reading the same book you gave him last night. You grabbed a sketchpad from your desk and started to work on designs for a new invention. For an hour the only sound that filled the room was your pencil scratching the paper and Loki flipping the pages in his borrowed book. You hadn't come up with any new invention let alone a decent sketch.

"Fuck!" you exclaimed. You started to hit your head on the desk in front of you. Loki looked up alarmed.

"What are you doing?!"

Shit. You had forgotten he was in the room.

"Sorry, I'm just frustrated," you replied closing your sketch book. Your stomach growled. You got up to grab a snack.

"I'll be back, be good." you said leaving Loki alone.

"Wait!" he called, "I'll come with you, as long as you don't ask me to throw anymore knifes."

You laughed. The elevator ride was surprisingly not silent.

When you both got inside he asked, "How come you're so nice to me?"

"Well, you haven't given me a reason to be mean to you...well since you moved in here." you said remembering the events of New York.
It was almost as if he read your thoughts.

"Yes well I was brainwashed." he sighed.

"Yeah, Thor said something about that. I guess since I wasn't there I have no room to judge," you said trying to assure him that it was okay. He gave you an obviously fake smile when the elevator doors opened.

"So what do want for a snack?" you asked skipping over to the kitchen area.

"What do y-we have?" he asked almost forgetting that he lived here to now.