Chapter 23

MJ walked along side Peter who kept looking back at you. You broke the one dumb rule with a stupid joke about velcro. You sighed and dragged your tired feet out of the parking lot. Standing and waiting for the blaring cars to come to a halt, you saw a weird shadow by a lamp post.

*

Loki's POV:

Loki sat impatiently at the kitchen island, tapping his foot and biting his nails. He sighed and put his head down while the Avengers moved about the kitchen and living room.

"Whats the matter Loki?" Nat asked. She had just come from the training room, he hair was in a ponytail and sweat beads dripped down her forehead. Loki lifted his head to see the red haired assassin standing in front of him, trying to catch her breath.

"..I miss y/n." He replied sheepishly. Nat chuckled and moved gracefully to the sink to fill her water bottle. "She's in Philadelphia, if you can teleport that far." Nat said with a challenging tone. Loki sat up and swiveled around on the squeaky bar stool to face her. She hoisted herself up onto the counter in response.

"Where is Philadelphia?" Loki questioned. She pulled out her phone and handed it to him. On the screen was the Maps app, displaying where Philly was compared to New York. Loki nodded and shut his eyes to prepare for teleportation. After a couple of seconds a gold shimmer surrounded him before her completely vanished from Nats view.

She shrugged her shoulders and picked up her phone off the ground and walked off.

*

Your POV:

You turned spun around to face the mysterious shadow. The shadow grew horns, then shape shifted into a serpent and slithered behind you. You chuckled in response and turned around to see Loki standing with his hands behind his back. You wrapped your arms around his tall figure and he snaked his arms around your waste; pulling you in closer.

"I missed you, dove." He finally spoke, breaking the airy silence. You pulled yourself away from the hug and properly looked at him, "How did you find me?" He chuckled and patted your head.

"Lady Natasha told me where you were." He replied. You can only imagine the kick Nat was getting out of assisting a god.

"Okay, tell me all about what happened on Asgard." You ordered him. He held your hand and walked by your side down a long sidewalk that stretched for at least a mile. As he spoke about the trials and the dungeons, you passed a thrift shop that you wanted to visit before it was time to leave.

"Those dungeons sound fancy, are you hungry?" You spotted a pretzel cart. He nodded and gave you a sweet smile. "The dungeons are nice, but they are soulless." He told you as you ordered the pretzels. The person working the cart gave a concerned look to you and Loki which made you laugh.

You picked a spot to sit on the curb, a few feet away from the stand. Loki squatted down next to you and began to snack on his pretzel.

"Where's the kid?" Loki asked, remembering the reason why you're in Philadelphia. You sighed, "He left with the girl he likes because he got mad at me." You told Loki. You weren't proud but his little laugh reassured you.

It had been a while since you hear from the Peter, so you decided to shoot him a text.

hey dude, im sorry. where are you guys? i cant lose you cuz tony and may will kill me.

"You'll have to teach me how to use that box thing." Loki thought out loud as be watched you type frantically.

"That little shit left me on read! Oh hell no." You sprang up and opened the JARVIS app that you and Tony engineered. The app did pretty much the same thing as the assistent in the tower except keep surveillance.

You opened the tracking tab at the bottom of the screen and scrolled through dozens of devices, scanning for any active trackers in Philly. You stopped at two devices that were
next to each other on the list. One looked like the small pencil that was attached to his DS and the other one was a Stark Industry provided under Peter's name.

You tapped quietly on your screen while Loki stayed sitting on the ground, eating his pretzel in piece. You ran your fingers through his hair and continued to stalk the 'spiderling' as Loki puts it.

"What the hell?" Your resting face slowly turned to a confused one. Your eyebrows furrowed and tilted your head. Frantically refreshing the page, you removed your hand from Loki's head and followed the blinking dot on your screen. Loki stood up slowly and through out his wrapper in the overflowing trash can that rested nicely beside a towering lamp post before catching up to you.

"What is going on?" Loki asked you. You sighed and showed him your screen, but he didn't understand. "According to the JARVIS app, that had a perfected algorithm, our spider is in an old chalk factory that closed down over a decade ago." You explained while dragging him down the sidewalks and struggling not to bump in to people of get recognized.

*

When you finally reached the outside of the building, you closed the JARVIS app and dialed your brother's number.

Ring, Ring, Ring..

"What's wrong with the kid??" You heard Tony's annoying whiny voice through your phone and groaned.

"He got upset with me and walked off and now he's in a unused chalk factory a mile out of town." You explained and started to look for an entrance. Loki followed as your circled around the building for a way in while discussing your suspicions with Tony.

Eventually, at the back of the building you found a rusted door that was tightly shut and secured with multiple padlocks. You held your arm out like Thor to summon and Ironman repulser to break the locks.

A Mark 35 glove wrapped itself nicely around your outstretched hand. You turned on the silencer and easily blasted through the padlocks creating a hole where the door knob was.

You pushed the door carefully, hoping for it not be creaky, but instead the door fell over and crashed down loudly on the inside of the factory.

*

This chapter was so easy to write because I had so many of the scenes in mind, I hoped you guys liked it <3