Chapter 26

"Bucky, we're home!" Steve announced out as you all stepped into the living room. Bucky stepped out of the kitchen to greet the Avengers, "With two cats?" He asked with confusion lacing his voice. Lokitty hissed at bucky and trotted around the living room finding a comfortable spot under the loveseat.

"Is he going to be ok?" You whispered to Thor. Thor chuckled and placed his hand on your back, "Its been a long week, he just needs a break from socializing." He told you before walking off.

"Hey y/n, can you do me a favor and go to the store? I need some things for dinner and Pepper's coming over. Get some stuff for the cat while you're at it." Tony called to you from the kitchen.

"Um sure, does anyone want to come with me? I'll probably need help carrying things." You asked around. Nat was too busy cuddling with Jonathan, her new baby. Clint was nowhere to be seen and Bruce already retreated to his lab. Peter and Steve went down to train which left Bucky.

"I'll come with." Bucky told you. He slipped on his leather jacket and met you at the elevator.

The elevator ride was eerily quiet, with the only noise being the tapping of your foot on the floor and the sound of Bucky's jacket zipper.

"Which car are we taking?" Bucky filled the silence when the elevator finally stopped.

"The BMW, my favorite." You smiled and tossed the key to Bucky. He caught them clumsily and looked up at you confused. "You can drive, right old man?" You teased and opened the door to the passenger side and hopped in. You pulled your phone out and punched the closest grocery store's address.

"Those boxes are really tricky." Bucky stated, and stared at your phone cautiously. You could't help but laugh at how old he sounded compared to how young he looked.

"I'll teach how to use one, I've been meaning to show Loki as well." You told him. He flashed you a dumb shiny smile and continued driving through the familiar streets of New York.

"Wowie, the city has really changed." He rambled on about how different old New York was for the rest of the ride.

He circled the large parking lot until he found a space that was a reasonable distance from the entrance and exit. You exited the car and started to walk along the shiny cars to the tall and almost towering building.

"So what do we need?" Bucky asked, grabbing a cart.
"According to my idiot brother we need a platter of cheese and crackers, soda, pop-tarts and cat food." You explained as you walked down aisles and aisles of food.

"Which cat is actually a cat?" He questioned and placed some soda in the cart.

"The calico is the real cat, Loki is a grown ass man acting like a ptsd driven baby." You half joked and surprisingly got a chuckle out of Bucky.
"So whats your story? I don't know much about the Avengers." He admitted and pushed the cart down aisles of junk food that seemed to stretch for miles.
"I'm Tony's sister and we're Howard and Maria's kids." You started to explain. He cleared his throat quickly before gesturing for you to continue. "Since Stark Industries was a company that specialized in weaponry, I didn't want to work for it. But eventually Tony shut down the weapon manufacturing and I came back to work for him." You finished off your story and grabbed a large bag of cat food of the shelf. He nodded and listened while you explained how and why the Avengers got together and all about each team member.

*

  At the cash register, there was a young looking girl who was about 17 or 18. You placed all your items on the belt and picked out a pack of gum.

"Do you want anything?" You asked Bucky and gestured to the rows of flavored gum. He flashed a child like smile before grabbing bubble gum and placing besides the rest of the groceries.

"Oh my goodness! You're an Avenger!" The cashier exclaimed. You chuckled. "Well, sort of. Do you want a picture or an autograph?" You offered. She nodded excitedly and hurriedly scanned all your items.

"Bucky, do you mind taking a picture?" You asked him. He hesitated before answering, "I don't mind, but I don't know how." He replied.

"Just press the circular button at the bottom of the screen a couple times and make sure you can see us on the screen." You told him. The cashier handed him her phone and made her way around the register.

After a couple of poses, the girl got her phone back from Bucky. And you waved goodbye, pushing the cart to the exit.

"You Starks are always teaching me about technology." He joked and helped you load all the groceries into the trunk. You laughed and hauled the huge bag of cat food into the trunk without crushing the rest of the food.

*

"We're home!" You announced, stepping into the kitchen. Lokitty hurriedly pounced to you and transformed into her human self.

"Awe, you look so pretty." You told her and handed her the bag of cat food to carry to the utility closet. "How was shopping?" She asked as she walked of to put the cat food away.

"It was pretty good, this one girl got to take a picture of me." You told her. Bucky stood in genuine confusion as he watched your interaction.

  "I thought they were a guy." He whispered to you. He chuckled and set the cheese and crackers in the fridge. "She's genderfluid." You told him. He nodded. Bucky was smart so he easily got the general idea of genderfluidity based off the name alone.

  "Interesting." He finally said.

*

When I write Loki as Lady Loki, I base her off of the comic Lady Loki. NOT Sylvie Laufeydottir from the Loki series. They're both totally different characters that I love equally.
Anyway, how did ya'll like the third Loki episode? Honestly I think this one is the best so far!