Chapter 9

A/n : Theres a lot going on in this chapter. Everything will be explained next chapter which will hopefully be 2000 words. Anyway please enjoy.

The party was hit. Almost everyone on the guest list showed up. Steve was even slightly tipsy now. After a couple hours of dancing, you removed yourself from the dance floor to find Loki. He was probably in some corner by himself. To your surprise he wasn't alone. He sat at the bar with Thor and a drunken Tony.

"Hey fellas!" you yelled over the blaring music before sitting down next to Loki.

"Heyyy" Tony slurred.

"How much did he have to drink?"

"Only a beer," Tony lied. You turned to Loki.

"A shit ton," he ratted Tony out. Thor chuckled at Tony who was trying to balance a bottle on his nose.

"What the hell Tony! You're acting like a child," you removed the bottle from his nose.

"Haha okay," Tony slurred, rolling his eyes.

"Poor Pepper.." you mumbled under your breath.

"Poor mom and dad," Tony retorted.

"What?" you figured Tony was just drunk and slurring whatever random thought popped into his head.

"Poor mom and dad," he repeated, "They brought you home and never got to see how funnn you are," that 'funnn' was dripping with sarcasm. Suddenly he put his hand over his mouth, realizing what he said.

"I'm sorry what the hell are you talking about?" you started to raise your voice.

"Y/n," he started, he sounded instantly sober, "Um, you were...adopted," he finally said after a long pause. Thor and Loki were exchanging worried and knowing looks.

"Come again?" you asked. Surely he was joking or thinking of something else. You were positive that you were a Stark.

"Mom wanted another baby..but she couldn't, so dad agreed to adopt you..but shortly after they died," Tony confessed. Guilt laced his voice and painted his face. Thor looked at Loki. You paused before you spoke.

"So you knew?" you finally asked. He gulped. He did know, and he chose not to tell you. For 22 years of your life he lied to you. Loki looked at you. Your thoughts were loud enough for him to hear without trying and he knew those thoughts all to well. Thor awkwardly stood up and dragged Tony somewhere.

"He knew the entire time," you finally whimpered. You saw that Loki had a drink sitting in front of him and decided to take a sip.

"Darling, no, this isn't meant for mortals," Loki pulled the cup from your lips.

"How did you find out? That you were adopted?" you asked. He had to think. He tried coming up with an explanation without including he was Jotun. When he finally explained, you sat and listened. You drank a lot of liquor too.

By the time Tony was brave enough to shuffle back over, you were completely wasted. Loki was concerned at all your slurring.

"How much did she drink?" Tony whispered to Loki.

"A lot.." Loki whispered back. You fell off your chair laughing.

"It wasn't that much," you giggled. Thor and the rest of the team came over after seeing you fall. Thor placed mjölnir on the bar and helped sit you up. You glanced at mjölnir and then at Loki.

"You can try, but nobody has succeeded yet." Loki replied to your glances. You hovered your hand over the hammer and looked at Thor who was watching in amusement.

"Good luck, little one," Thor said. You wrapped your hand around the handle and prepared for it to resist your tugs. You tugged once; it didn't budge. Twice; you could of swore it wiggled. Thor's smug smile faded and the rest if the team now focused on you. A third tug; the hammer complied and followed your movements, allowing itself to be lifted off the bar. You dropped it out of shock. Thor's face grew pale and the team stared. Loki was the least shocked. He had some kind of confidence in you.

"Lady y/n..you are worthy.." Thor mumbled.

"I have no idea how.." you slurred before blacking out.

~

Your eyes fluttered open for only a couple seconds. You were being carried. You woke up again to a warm voice.

"Darling, wakeup, you need to change." It was Loki. He snapped his fingers in your face which made you open your eyes.

"Darling, you can't sleep in that dress, you need to change." he repeated. You were so out of it but you were able to comprehend what he was saying to you. You sat up and peeled your dress off you. He handed you a t-shirt, trying to look away. You slipped it on and crawled back into your bed. He started to walk towards the door.

"Stay.." you mumbled. He complied and sat on your couch. Both of you drifted to sleep.

~

Loki started to become restless in his sleep. He mumbled words like 'Thanos' and 'Jotun' over and over again. He was having a nightmare. Your reveal of being adopted had triggered a lot of thought about his own trauma. His trauma consumed his peaceful sleep and flooded his mind with images of his past.

You awoke to him whimpering in his sleep and quickly rushed over to snap it out of it. Shaking him lightly at first and whispering his name. When that didn't wake him you shook him a bit harder. He snapped out of it and quickly sat up holding a dagger to your throat. You panicked and reached for the light switch so he could see who you were.

"Loki it's me, you were just having a nightmare," you whispered calmly. He lowered the dagger when the lights turned on revealing you only inches away from his face.

"My apologies..did I hurt you?" he worried. His worrying was quite cute.

"No, I'm fine," you took the dagger from his hand and placed it on the end table by the couch. He apologized profusely. It took forever to shut him up.

"Are you okay?" you were now worried. His nightmare looked painful.

"Yes, I'm fine.." he lied. He couldn't lie around you.

"What happened?" you pressed. He looked hesitant. He started to explain how all his memories of Thanos and Jotunheim came flooding back after Tony revealed you were adopted.

"Whats Jotunheim?"

"It's a realm of monsters, Frost Giants. Asgard fought in a war against them." he explained carefully.

"Did you fight in that war?"

"No."

"Then why was that part of your dream?"

"Because.." He was nervous. He thought himself to be a monster. Odin had always told him and Thor that Jotun's were monsters. Instead of continuing his sentence he turned blue. He dropped his illusion revealing his Jotun form.

 He dropped his illusion revealing his Jotun form