“I know that Seth but they aren’t going near her. From what Jacob says, they only brought about five shifters not counting the leader. If they want a fight, it won’t be today,” Sam said, sounding confident in his logic but I wasn’t so sure. I couldn’t remember how many of the Stark pack had attacked my family’s pack but I did know it wasn’t anything near an army. Why would they bring so few shifters into a hostile territory? It didn’t make much sense and it produced a sickening feeling to invade my stomach.

            “They are approaching,” Quil said alerting all of us. From the trees, Jacob appeared in wolf form followed by the other shifters. They had remained in their human form. A risky move since they didn’t know what they’d be walking into. I glanced at each one of them as they approached. I didn’t recognize anyone at first but when my eyes landed on the one to the right of who I guessed was the leader, his green eyes pierced through me. A jolt of recognition passed through me. The wolf with the bright green eyes. He was here. I shrank back, standing a little behind Seth.

            Seth looked back at me and must have seen my face which I’m sure screamed panic. He followed my eyesight and looked at the man with the green eyes. He still hadn’t taken his eyes off me. A low growl rumbled from Seth’s chest. A warning look from Sam and it was silenced. Jacob came to a halt on the other side of Sam, now facing our guests that stood a few feet away. I broke my gaze with the green-eyed shifter and glanced back at the house. I could barely make out Emily looking through the front window behind the curtains. She gave me a small smile but it didn’t reach her eyes.

            “I’m Sam, Alpha of the La Push pack. What is your business here?” Sam asked pulling my attention back to the situation on hand. The leader smiled widely like he wasn’t standing on enemy territory where any of the wolves would fight him in a matter of seconds. A smile is meant to be friendly, ease fears but it just made my stomach knot more.

            “My name is Keith. I’m in charge of the Stark pack if you could call it that. It’s a pleasure to meet you,” he said, his voice just as carefree as the expression on his face. Was he not taking this seriously?

            “Just get on with it,” Leah growled out. Her arms were crossed over her chest and even though Sam shot her an annoyed look that she was goading them, she didn’t seem to care. She was just on edge like the rest of us. Keith was dancing around the subject and it was making the edginess worse.

            Keith looked briefly at Leah before scanning the rest of the group. His eyes landed on me and the smile grew bigger if it was possible. “I see you have kept our Faye safe and well,” he said. When he said my name there were two different reactions. My pack growled. Keith’s pack all turned their eyes on me. The guy standing next to Keith on the left raked his eyes up and down me body, a smirk playing on his lips. He didn’t look much older than me and he held some resemblance to Keith leading me to believe that he was Keith’s son.