"So she hasn't said anything?" Seraphina asked again for good measure. 

Amara shook her head, her eyes sliding over to her brother's. 

"Alright, then," Seraphina began as she stood up from the bed, dusting off her nightgown with her hands and placing them besides her. "Amara, Avalon, go to your bedrooms, you've got a busy day tomorrow." 

"But, Mother-" 

"I said no, Amara, I'll stay with Rose, you may speak to her tomorrow," Seraphina commanded finally, pinning her mother's glare towards her children. 

Amara and Avalon let out a defeated sigh, the latter waiting for his sister to catch up with him before they both walked away and into their respective dorms. 

Seraphina exhaled loudly, passing a hand through Rose's hair. 

"What have you seen, my child ?" Seraphina whispered into the sleeping girl, gaining no answer. 

• • • 

The fourteen year old Gryffindor woke up early on boxing day, the morning after her nightmare. Rose stood up from her bed, yawning widely and chucking a glass of water on her bedside table, were a moving picture of herself, Adrian, Avalon and Amara was placed. Rose smiled sadly at her picture, before walking over to wash her face and teeth. 

She changed into a pair of trousers with the Weasley sweater she had received the year prior. All of her gifts were in the sitting room, were she would open them after breakfast with the rest of the Morgenstern family. 

As she left her room, she was instantly ambushed by a concerned looking Amara. 

"They know," Amara said worriedly. 

"What?" Rose asked in confusion. 

"About your nightmares," Amara explained. "Mother and Avalon, they know!" 

"What?! How?!" 

"You were having one last night, you were screaming and I couldn't stop them from knowing," Amara said as both girls began to walk over to the dining room. 

Rose looked down as she pulled her hair in frustration. She bit on her lip and looked up, "OK— er— what happens now?" 

"I don't know," Amara whispered. "But you gave Mother a scare, you have to tell her something!" 

"I'll— I'll figure something out," Rose mumbled, playing with the hem of her jumper. Amara arched up her eyebrow, but had no time to say anything as both girls had reached the dining room were they could hear Avalon and Seraphina talking. 

But as breakfast came and left, nor Seraphina or Avalon asked a single question about Rose's nightmares, neither did they speculate on knowing of such thing. Seraphina told them that Jacob wouldn't be joining them for boxing day since he had to go to the Ministry, and Avalon had asked Rose to play a quidditch match after they unwrapped their presents, to which Rose agreed tentatively.  

The four walked over to the sitting room, were the presents were scattered on the ground and a green flame was erupting from the fireplace as two bodies started to form from inside it. 

"Annalise!" Seraphina laughed once she saw Adrian and Annalise Pucey exiting her fireplace. "I'm glad you could both make it!" 

"You know we adore spending boxing day with all of you, Seraphina," Annalise smiled as she kissed Seraphina's cheeks, followed by Rose's, Amara's and Avalon's. 

Adrian was wearing a black jumper with a pair of black trousers that contrasted perfectly with the paleness on his skin. His hair was dark and messy, which was new, he usually kept his hair neat. Rose didn't comment on it, instead, she gave him a tight smile as she quickly moved to seat to a single loveseat. 

A pile of gifts instantly appeared on Rose's feet, the same thing happening with everyone else in the room once they were seated. Seraphina summoned tea and pasties as everyone started opening their presents and chatted in between themselves. 

From Molly and Arthur, Rose got her usual Weasley sweater, this time red and gold; From Charlie, she got a bracelet with a metal dragon dangling from it; From Annie, she got a muggle fantasy book about vampires; From Lee and George, she got her usual charm for her bracelet, this time it was a lightning bolt, indicating her brother; From the Morgensterns, she got a new trunk; From Fred, she got a beautiful snow globe. 

"What's that?" Amara asked as Rose held up the snow globe in her hand. 

"A snow dome," Rose whispered in awe. 

"What's inside?" Asked Avalon as he neared closer to the two girls examining the object. Adrian was looking at the three in confusion, he refused to move closer to them, he didn't want them to think he was interested in who had gotten Rose such a special gift, even if it was the thing that interested him most at the moment. 

"A drawing," she breathed softly. Inside there was a drawing of a girl and a younger boy leaning against their brooms. The boy had black hair, a wide smile, and emerald green eyes: The girl had red hair, a bright smile and her eyes were switching colours rapidly as she reached down and ruffled the boy's hair. 

"Is that you?" Avalon asked amazed. Rose nodded, speechless.  

Adrian couldn't hold it any longer, he asked, "Who gave you that?" 

"Fred," she said softly, admiring the globe. Adrian glared at the snow globe, but no one noticed as they were looking at gift. 

"Didn't know Weasley could draw," Amara confessed, impressed. 

"Oh, yes he does," Rose said, smiling slightly. 

Adrian felt a pang of hurt as he saw the smile Rose managed at the thought of Fred. 

"He once drew me playing quidditch," Rose continued. "Exactly two years ago." 

• • • 

"Fancy finding you here," Rose called at Adrian as she walked outside with a furry black cloak draped over her body. Adrian turned back his head to meet her gaze, he was sitting besides the stairs of the entry of Morgenstern manor, a fag in between his lips. 

"Hiya, Lightbourn," he greeted her, taking another hit from his cigarette. 

"You never smoked this much before we met," Rose mumbled as she sat down besides him, accepting accepted the fag he offered her, inhaling softly and giving it back. 

"What?" 

"I can smell it on you, you've been smoking," she said, declining when he offered her the cigarette again. 

"I'm fifteen, Rose, I reckon I'm old enough to smoke," he countered. 

"And are you old enough to get pissed every weekend? Probably murdering your liver?" She asked hotly. Adrian snapped his head to her. 

"Avalon told you," he didn't ask, he confirmed. 

"No," she admitted. "Cassius did, he was worried about you." 

Adrian scoffed angrily. "Well he shouldn't've said anything, especially not to you.

"And why not?" Rose asked angrily, crossing her arms over he chest. 

"Because!" 

"Because what?!" 

"Because you're not my-my girlfriend, Rose," he belted. "You and I are friends, and that's it." 

"Well friends worry about each other and if you're getting bloody pissed each weekend, I believe that's a pretty good reason for me to be worried," Rose acknowledged. 

"Well, please don't be worried about me," he said, softer this time. "Please don't worry about me, Rosie."