53| The Noble and Most Ancient House of Black

Start from the beginning

He kissed Andy on the cheek, shook hands with Ted and Tonks and embraced me before leaving us and apparating.

"You better get some sleep, now." Andy said softly, her hand on my shoulder and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek before I went back to my room.

I arrived back home at 5:00 in the evening. I quickly got dressed, Andy had finished packing the rest of my things in my suitcase. My old bedroom was almost empty, leaving only the furniture. The cabinet was now empty, no clothes, as well as my desk.

I walked around the room for the next thirty minutes, as I waited for Andy's sweet voice to tell me that Sirius was already downstairs waiting for me. Memories I spent in the Tonks House flooding through my eyes while I waited.
I stared at the walls of the little room, with my arms folded.

My last evening in my room. My last evening in the Tonks House. Because later, I would be returning back to Grimmauld Place. My home.

As I stood there, I allowed my mind to wander idly for a moment. But, after a few minutes, I felt anxiety slithering back into my stomach.

Among all the places in the whole world, Grimmauld Place must've been the worst for me. Like Sirius, I hated it. I never had many happy memories there like here, full of pain and misery before I came to the Tonks family's lives.

I breathed and shook my head to shake the anxiety away.

"Selene! Sirius is here!" I heard Andy's muffled voice calling from downstairs.

I slowly walked towards the door, my right hand grabbing the doorknob, my suitcase in the other. My head turned back to look at the room I had slept and stayed in for 10 years.

I smiled and closed it. My hands traced on the 'S' carved on the door before descending downstairs.

Sirius was seated on the couch, waiting anxiously as he rubbed his hands repeatedly. Andy and Ted were standing a few inches away from the first step of the stairs, looking teary-eyed as well as Tonks.

Sirius stood from his seat with a small excited smile gracing his lips as he stood beside me. I looked at Andy with a sigh, she was beginning to sob and wiped her tears with a tissue.

Without second thinking, I quickly grabbed her into an embrace, my arms wrapped around her back.

"Thank you Andy, for everything." I told her, her wands placed on my neck.

Pulling away from Andy, I walked towards Ted who immediately hugged me.

"I'm going to miss you kid." he whispered.

"I'll miss you too, Ted." I managed to choke out.

Tonks quickly seized me, as she began to sob, her hair changing into multiple colors. "Thank you for being the little sister I've always wished for."

"Thank you for being the big sister I've always wished for Tonks."

I stood beside Sirius now, looking at the theee poeple whom I owed my life to.
"Thank you all, for everything. I love you all from the bottom of my heart."

They all smiled, wiping their tears away. Sirius placed a hand on my back, grabbed my suitcase as we slowly walked away, my hand waving goodbye to the family of three.