"Look at me," Viktor said gently. Ginny forced herself to look into his eyes. "I vould like that very much."

Ginny smiled. "Brilliant."

Suddenly the portrait to Gryffindor tower opened and a first year stepped out. He looked up and saw Viktor, he squeaked in surprise and quickly ran down the stairs. Ginny thought she saw a flash of annoyance in Viktor's eyes, but a second later it was gone. 'I'm seeing things.'

"I should go in," Ginny said hesitantly.

"It is late," Viktor said.

Ginny nodded, her hair coming out from behind her ear again. She froze again when Viktor once more tucked it behind her ear. She looked up, and her eyes widened when he closed his eyes and leaned down. She didn't move as his lips met hers. Ginny had never been kissed before, and she didn't know what to do, so she stood as if she had been frozen.

Viktor pulled away and looked at her, a guilty expression on his face.

"I'm sorry," Viktor said, "I thought…"

"No," Ginny shook her head. "It's not you, I've just never…" She felt mortified, and her face turned red as a tomato. She spun around.

Viktor grabbed her arm, and she hesitantly turned towards him.

"It's not a problem, Ginny," Viktor said soothingly. "I still like you."

Ginny's eyes went wide. "You…you like me?"

"Of course, I do," Viktor said.

Ginny swallowed. "Oh."

Viktor laughed. "How about we try that again?"

Ginny couldn't form a coherent thought, so instead she nodded. Viktor once more leaned down and his lips gently landed on hers. This time, Ginny pressed her lips back and Viktor slipped his arms around her waist. Ginny's heart beat wildly against her chest. Viktor pulled away slowly, and looked down into her face.

"Goodnight, Ginny," Viktor pulled away, and walked down the stairs.

Ginny stared after him. She felt as if she was floating outside of her body. Viktor Krum, the world famous quidditch player liked her. He had kissed her. Ginny reached up and touched her lips. A smile slowly graced her pale face. She couldn't wait to tell Lavender and Parvati.

A hush fell over the Gryffindor table. Ginny looked up from her porridge and into the wide eyes of her best friends. Parvati and Lavender were staring googly-eyed behind her. She turned around and saw Viktor standing behind her. His long, lean body hidden beneath red and silver robes. Ginny swallowed.

"Viktor," Ginny said breathlessly.

Unconsciously, her fingers reached up and touched her lips. Viktor smiled down at her.

xxXXxxXXxxXXxxXXxxXX

Viktor felt a tinge of annoyance as two girls across from Ginny stared at him like gaping fish. One of them had light brown curly hair, and large, cartoon sized eyes. The other was an Indian girl, with almond shaped eyes, and her hair in a side braid.