Chapter 17: "Sparkle Under The Sunlight"

Danielle’s POV

We all stayed up late. We’re people who actually don’t care about the time. ‘Night Morning’ as Maia and I would always call it. I’m not sure on what time it was. I didn't want to look at my phone. I just know that it’s past midnight.

Ignoring the fact, we were all still pretty much awake. We would laugh about the littlest things and joke about. But Bianca wants to go to sleep already because she didn’t want any of those dark gross ‘eye bugs’ under her eyes.

Surprisingly, the school actually made the curfew later. They said they were locking the gates at 2:00 instead of 1. Why? Because of that stupid One Direction concert. And because there were loads of these so-called ‘Directioners’ in our school.

The school knew it was for the best because they knew that loads of their students are ‘Directioners’. Also because it wasn’t a school day anyway. Another is because it would be a better idea if they close it later, or else the students would be forced to booking hotels and the school- well, the principal-  said it was ‘dangerous’ and ‘expensive.’

But it seems as if the concert has ended already. I swear. I bet half of the audience came from our school. You would hear squeals and fangirling outside.

The door then busts open. It was Mikaela. Well, it was good while it lasted. Without her being in our presence, I mean.

She was a bit sweaty and a wide grin stretched on her face. She held a couple of colorful posters in her hands and was jumping up and down uncontrollably as if she was some bubblehead. She wasn’t wearing the shirt that had ‘1D’ printed on it. This time, she was wearing one with someone’s face. Probably one of the members of this famous band.

But the photo seemed familiar. I tilted my head a bit, trying to get to see the print better, but she caught me staring at her, scoffed, and marched towards Maia’s bed.

She dumped the posters on the bed and five familiar faces were clearly shown on it.

“Oh my god!” Bianca shouted, standing up from her bed and moving towards Maia’s.

“Hot right?" Mika smirked. "But they’re mine!” Mikaela snobbishly said and went to the bathroom. “I’m posting these posters on the wall later.”

“Don’t make it look like my room.” Maia glared at Mika. She just innocently shrugged and closed the bathroom door.

“Holy sh-“ Isa started but I glared at her. “Sh… shrimps.” She attempted to cover, then her mind was focused on the posters.

“What the bloody freaking heck is this?” I asked.

What?

Stupid.

How could I have been so stupid?

I looked at the posters in disgust. How could they? Did they think that they’d just hide it from us?

“W-what?!” Bianca said angrily. I couldn't speak. I was too gobsmacked and I didn't know what to say first. Should I be angry? Should I be understanding? Should I be pissed?

“And I actually thought that I was starting to fall for Zayn. I thought I trusted that stupid bastard.” She snapped. I smirked a bit. She just admitted she likes him. I knew it. But that was the least of my concerns right now. I just hate it when people keep things from me. 

“How hard is it?! He could've just told me.”

She scoffed. “One Direction. And the only direction they’re going to is towards me, giving them a can of whoop ass.” Bianca spat.