43| Last Train Ride and Letters

Start from the beginning

And two, making sure that Gryffindor wins both the House Cup and Quidditch Cup.

Fulfilled.

"Do you think we'll ever see this place again?" Monica asked, as I felt her hand gripping mine tightly looking up at the beautiful sight of the castle as the four of
us stood in the doorway.

Luke wrapped his arm around her hip and pulled her closer to him. We all looked at the castle that we considered our home for the past seven years and grew to love. The place were we made extraordinary memories. Where we shared our laughter, happiness, trials and sorrows together.

"I'm pretty sure we'll come back. I don't really know why, but – this place means so much to us, and it feels like we're gonna make some more memories." said Ollie, smiling hopefully as I found myself nodding my head in agreement to his question.

Monica sighed, her eyes finally leaving the castle. "I sure hope you're right."

We all smiled together and turned away, Luke and Monica's arms wrapped around each other, her head resting on his shoulder and my arm now hanging off Ollie's shoulder.

I waved goodbye to Mcgonagall one last time before we left. She raised her hand ro wave goodbye to me as well, standing beside the door. She was on the verge of tears and quickly wiped it away with a handkerchief, still smiling at the departing students.

I turned my heel, feeling tears in my eyes as we stepped out of the door, one last time, the monstrous sea of students around the four of us making their way down the gravel road that would lead us to the carriages.

We clambered on excitedly on the carriages as Ollie stepped aside for me to climb in, followed by Monica, Luke, and himself. Luke and Monica sat together, so did Ollie and me. I stood next to the window, sticking my hand out to caress the fresh breeze of air.

"Last carriage ride." Ollie muttered, crying too, as I squeezed his hand softly as the carriage took off.

When we boarded the Hogwarts Express, we immediately settled into the compartment the four of us always shared for the past seven years of our lives as Hogwarts students. And now, this would be our last train ride. The train took off after a few moments of people settling into their compartments and getting their trunks up on the rails.

I turned to the window, followed by my three friends and watched a waving Hagrid and the platform fading from view.

The last thing I saw was the whole Hogwarts castle as it faded little and little away from view until it was no longer visible by sight.

I looked down on the locket I held in the palm of my right hand, memories of my time at Hogwarts, Christmas, and every date flooding back.

"You found your locket, I see." Luke said all of a sudden.

"Yeah, Monica found it and gave it to me," I muttered. "I'm so SICK of crying, guys."

"Very understandable." Ollie said.

"No ... from this moment on, I won't cry over him ever again. And this is a thing that contains too much memories of last year and how he loved and hurt me eventually. I won't be looking at this wretched thing ever again." I said, full of determination.