Chapter Six: The Mediator

Start from the beginning

"It's a bedsheet in the laundry hamper!"

"Well don't wash my sheets! Or my clothes! Give them back!" He took the whole laundry hamper with him.

"Terr my panties are in there!" I screamed at him but all I got was the sound of the door slammed shut.

What is going on with him? The older he gets the weirder he is.

My phone hasn't stopped chiming with incoming messages. With no laundry to do, I checked.

Unknown:
I'm really sorry Katya.

Unknown:
Dinner? Lunch? Brunch? What do you want us to do together?
I'm willing to make it up to you.

Kei:
I'm coming up to your house so that we can talk.

I don't want to talk to Kei right now. What will I even say?

Unknown:
Please take the phone out of draw and just text back. You won't die if you respond to my messages.

I looked around all paranoid. Are there cameras in my house?

Me:
Kei I'm not home.

The door bell rang.

Unknown:
Won't you answer that?

Me:
Do you have cameras in my house?

Unknown:
No Katya, I don't. I can see you. Look straight ahead to the apartment building facing yours.

I nearly plastered my face against the window. I saw a woman waving at me.

Unknown:
Who is the boy?

Kei:
At your door. Open. I know you're home.

Unknown:
Is he your son? Are you a mom?

I switched off my phone.

I will deal with what I can control and that is Kei. She had a grim expression on her face when I opened the door. "Come in." I gestured into the messy apartment. "I'm spring cleaning!"

"In autumn." She frowned.

"Do you want tea?"

"As long as you don't put vodka in it." She pushed away done clothes off the sofa to make room for herself. "Who is she?"

"My sister." I answered honestly. I wonder if Katerina can see Kei. The more I think about it the more I wonder if Nick got with Kei because she reminded him of Katerina. Their names start with K. They both have long jet black hair. They are both pale. Their eyes are almost the same colour although Kei's are darker. They are almost the same height although Kei is as tall as I am. They are both soft spoken. There is too much they have in common. I want to ask Nick this question but it will mean I have to tell him about Katerina.

"Sister? I thought... You said she's dead."

"She is supposed to be dead."