-MUDBLOODS AND HEARTACHES-

Magsimula sa umpisa

The reason Rose liked green so much was because of her brother, Adrian learned this one afternoon when he saw her talking to him and Adrian saw the colour of his eyes for the first time. They were emerald green, shiny and happy. From then, Adrian had the theory that her favourite colour was green because it reminded her of her baby brother. She later confirmed his theory, but she had said that it was because it was the colour of her mother's eyes, and that she later learned that it was her brother's eyes too. Adrian also had to admit that the colour green made Rose look really good since it brought out her own eyes that always held a green fleck on them, and it fitted her better than red. 

So to say the least, Rose was happy when the weekend came. At least she was happy before Angelina Johnson decided to throw a soaked pillow at her face in order to wake her up for quidditch. 

"Bloody hell!" Rose shot out of bed and draped a quilt over her body. 

"Come on, quidditch practice, we'll be late!" Angelina said, she was already dressed in her scarlett robes. 

Rose grunted, and, with much difficulty, she changed into her robes herself and tied her hair at the top of her head. She stifled a yawn and walked down to the common room where Fred and George were waiting besides the rest of team, except for Harry who Rose was sure was still sleeping. Everyone had their brooms on their hands, but the team only had eyes on Rose's brand new Nimbus 2001 hanging over her shoulder. 

"Where'd you get that?" Fred was the first to ask, his jaw was hung open and dropped. 

"Don't you mind where!" Oliver spoke, he walked to Rose with his eyes gleaming like the moon. "It's perfect! We've got more chance at beating the Slytherins this way!" 

Rose managed a small smile as the rest of the team still eyed her in disbelief. 

"Seriously, where did you get that, Ro?" George asked as they walked down to the pitch. Fred was on Rose's other side. 

"I've got it for my birthday," Rose explained. 

"How? They're not even out in the market yet!" Fred said. 

"I-" Rose began, but at that moment Oliver's head snapped to them as they had already reached the changing rooms. 

"Oi!" He called. "You three, stop the chattering! Go change!" 

"We've already got our robes on, Oliver," Rose said, pointing at the scarlet robes that hung over her body.

"We aren't wearing our robes today, we'll only use the jumpers," Oliver explained. "So get inside and put on some short slacks too." 

"Oliver, it's freezing out here!" Rose argued. 

"It'll provide us more mobility, go!" 

The team changed into the necessary dress-code, and the sat on the bench as Oliver explained a twenty minute long quidditch play. By then, Harry was already there and Fred was snoring over Alicia's shoulder. Rose had her head in George's lap and her eyes were fluttering close. Oliver had explained three whole boards but to Rose, they all sounded the same. 

"So," said Oliver, at long last, jerking Rose from a wistful fantasy about what she could be eating for breakfast at this very moment up at the castle, "is that clear? Any questions?"

Rose rose from George's lap and placed her head in between her hands.

"I've got a question, Oliver," said George, who had woken with a start. "Why couldn't you have told us all this yesterday when we were awake?"

Wood wasn't pleased.

"Now, listen here, you lot," he said, glowering at them all, "we should have won the Quidditch Cup last year. We're easily the best team. But unfortunately, owing to circumstances beyond our control ..."