"Yes?" I turned around.

"Have I told you you're really beautiful this morning? Your earrings are cute."

I gave him a bland stare but that didn't stop my face from turning crimson regardless of my facial expression.

My left hand subconsciously came up to finger my star shaped beaded earring which I'd gotten at the mall the other day.

"No you haven't. Thanks for the compliment sir." I gave him my most sincere smile.

I walked back to my seat, head raised high on my shoulders because I knew his eyes were on me but inwardly I was a quivering mess.

My heart was thumping wildly in my chest and I tried to calm my nerves. When did he even start noticing my earrings? And I never even knew he had such a glib tongue.

I turned to face him but Gonzalo was already staring at me with lips slightly parted as if he was in a deep thought about something, his chin resting in his palm while it rested on his elbow supported by the table. He winked when he caught me stealing a glance and I looked away speedily, blushing to my roots.

I never knew my boss could be this shameless.

"Rosa?"

I cleared my throat and faced him for the umpteenth time. "Yes sir?"

"Have you had anything to eat?"

"No I haven't." I ate very early this morning but it doesn't count since it's almost twelve PM already and working all morning tended to make one hungrier. 

"What would you like to eat?"

"I'll probably have some French fries and a can of soda but I'll go get them myself so you don't even have-"

"Shh. I only asked you what you want." He gave me a sweet smile. "Romeo? Call Corbin and give him her order. I'll have the same."

My forehead creased. "You don't take soda. Your doctor-"

"I'll have what she's getting." He nodded at Romeo to give his final instruction, and his bodyguard frowned in confusion, giving me a questioning look. I shrugged.

"I'll have orange juice instead, Romeo. Get that for him too."

Romeo nodded and gave Corbin the order. I sighed in confusion and decided not to dwell on Gonzalo's weird behavior so it wouldn't affect my work.

When Corbin delivered our meal, I thanked him and dug in.

My back felt warm most of the time, and I knew my hunch was probably not far from the truth, which was that Gonzalo had probably snuck glances at me several times.

We worked that way till the close of work and I packed up my things to go home.

During our drive back home, Romeo kept throwing me confused, weird, stiff and uncomfortable glances from the side mirror where he was sitting and I had to stifle my giggles several times. This was because I kept making weird faces at him.

My face contorted into a constipated one and he frowned again and shook his head at my childishness.

I giggled this time.

"Is there something funny?" Gonzalo asked. His tone was chilling and his eyes were questioning.

"Nope. Just me and Romeo sharing an inside joke." I chuckled.

Gonzalo huffed and adjusted his tie, going back to what he was doing on his laptop. I resumed my playful act of making funny faces at Romeo who reduced the glances he was sneaking at me.