These deaths aren't the first tragedies Hogwarts has seen this year. Second year students Muggle-born Justin Finch-Fletchley and Pure-blood Zacharias Smith were petrified earlier this year. Since those horrible attacks Aurors have been guarding the school in order to keep the children safe. This apparently wasn't enough and three people tragically lost their lives. We don't know how they died or how the students were petrified but what we do know is that there were no marks on their bodies or any sign that this was done by a witch or wizard. This calls into question what exactly could have killed a highly skilled Auror, a member of the Dark Force Defense League and an innocent first year.

An inquiry has been made by the Ministry of Magic and the investigation is being led by Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement Amelia Bones. "I am going to do my utmost to get to the bottom of this tragedy and how it occurred on Hogwarts grounds," Amelia said in a press conference last night.

Headmaster Albus Dumbledore is already receiving backlash and the outcry for him to be charged with negligence is high. "The headmasters duty is to protect the students and in that regard Albus Dumbledore has failed greatly," Lucius Malfoy stated this morning. "An emergency meeting of the Board of Governor's was held last night and we have come to the decision that Albus Dumbledore is now on probation, his job as headmaster is on the line until the time the board of governors deems him fit to run the school without supervision. There is no excuse for allowing three people, one of them a young child to die when it could have been prevented. And as of September first a new deputy headmistress will begin at Hogwarts, she will assess not only Albus Dumbledore but the rest of the staff. Last year Albus Dumbledore hired an incompetent professor who ended up leaving with not so much as a goodbye. Who is to know whether or not the other professors are up to standard? And I won't even begin to speak about the trolls that were able to get into Hogwarts last year injuring dozens of students."

"My children attend Hogwarts and I am disgusted at the way the current headmasters runs that once noble institution of learning," Rodolphus Lestrange added as he stood next to long time friend Lucius Malfoy. "My children, godchildren and their friends were almost killed last year on Halloween. If Albus Dumbledore did his job that horrible night last year wouldn't have happened and neither would the atrocity that happened last evening."

"I will do my best as Minister of Magic to ensure that nothing like this happens again at Hogwarts," Cornelius Fudge stated firmly. "After a long discussion with the board of governors I can assure you that next year changes will be coming to Hogwarts."

My dear readers, you all know that I haven't been blessed with a child but if I had been I wouldn't want my children to be frightened that they may become petrified or worse at a place where they're meant to be safe. I will keep you updated as to the progress of the investigation into Hogwarts.

Harrison found it difficult to refrain from grinning like a child on Christmas morning. He would bet all of the money in his fathers vault that whoever this deputy headmistress was that she would be someone on his fathers side, this would only help to serve the Dark Lord's takeover. He looked up at the staff table once more and saw that they all looked worse than they had when he first entered the Great Hall. He looked around at his fellow Slytherins and saw amusement or excitement in their eyes, most likely because like him they knew this would only help the dark side. The Gryffindors went from looking sad to furious, no doubt because they all liked Dumbledore. The Ravenclaws looked much like the Slytherins did and some of the Hufflepuffs looked like they would burst into tears, and one of the first years looked like she was going into shock.

"This is brilliant," Blaise said as he picked up a piece of bacon. "You're fathers are geniuses." He looked between Harrison and Draco.

"I wonder who they're getting to be deputy headmistress?" Tracey mused. "I'm sure it'll be someone approved by Uncle Lucius."

"Of course it will be," Draco said pompously. Harrison stayed silent as his friends began trying to figure out who it would be, the more he thought about the more confused he was as to why his father didn't tell him. He stopped thinking about it after a few minutes, knowing his father he probably had a reason, however pointless the reason for not telling him something so trivial was.

"What are we going to do today?" Jenna asked as she poured syrup onto her plate. Classes were canceled for the day in order for the students to mourn, Harrison thought it was ridiculous but he was glad for a free day.

"We can go down to the lake," Daphne suggested. "The weather is nice."

"We can't leave the castle," Cass sneered. "It's too dangerous until a time the ministry says otherwise." Harrison resisted the urge to snort, even if Ginny was still being possessed none of them would be in any danger.

"Like we're in any danger," Leo said haughtily. "We never were."

"The professors don't know that," Theo pointed out. "Although Dumbledore probably guessed that much." Harrison's lips thinned, yes the old fool probably did guess that much.