29 | unplanned meeting

—2 years afterwards—

"CONGRATULATIONS !"
A lot of confetti is released in the air to celebrate the newlyweds . Hanee watched her dad with her step mum, walking down the aisle while waving to the guests .

Even Hanee initially disagrees with her dad remarrying but she can’t stop her own dad’s happiness .

Dr. Kang, the psychologist who treats her dad is a good and polite woman.  Hanee is convinced that she is the best choice to take care of her dad .

Talking about her dad, he is already too sad with Haru's departure.  He realized his actions that always pushed Haru beyonds her limit, hitting and insults her would only make her stepped one forward towards death .

But it's too late, even her dad cried non -stop for two weeks but it will not be able to bring Haru back to this world .

"Hanee-ah, please smile for me.  You are the only one I have "

Her depressed dad's words echoed in Hanee's mind. It was hard for a teenager to bear when her place of dependence collapsed and asked her to keep smiling for them even Hanee herself wanted to cry very loudly .

Hanee sighed, she felt very lonely without her sister.  The girl ended up playing with the macaron that was in her plate .

"Hanee-ah"
One hand was placed on her shoulder.  Hanee turned back and smiled upon seeing her smiling dad.

"Congratulations, dad. I hope you will always smile like this"

Her dad nodded and pulled out an empty chair to sit next to Hanee.  He contemplated his one and only daughter with sympathy and adoration.
"Why do you eat so little? Isn't it tasty?"

"I'm too full . Dr.Kang— i mean, mum.  Already bought me three rolls of kimbap before this wedding started"

Her dad smiled , his hand slowly reached for Haru's head and patted it with full love .

Haru's heart softened as her eyes turned glassy upon receiving this soft touch from her dad.  Something that Haru directly never received .

"Hanee, I hope you forgive me for everything that happened "

"I know I'm a bad dad but I'll try to be the best for you "

"So, can you smile for me? ” Her dad asked in a cracked voice .

Hanee wiped her tears and flashed her bright smile to her dad, even her lips are trembling right now but she tried to prevent it.  "You are the best father"