8 | heartbeats game

Heeseung pedaled his bicycle as fast as he could and overtook all the other vehicles

Heeseung pedaled his bicycle as fast as he could and overtook all the other vehicles .

He feels nervous when he receives a call from Haru asking him to meet her, what worries Heeseung more is Haru's crack voice .

"I hope she's okay "
Heeseung whispered to himself while increasing his speed .

Arriving at the place that Haru said, Heeseung threw his bicycle to the side and ran towards the convenience store as fast as he could .

As soon as he got there, he stopped and panted when he saw Haru who was enjoying her ramen with a big smile while laughing like a kid .

She swung both her legs freely in the air while blowing her still hot and smoky ramen .

Heeseung sighed and ran his fingers through his hair ,
"She looks okay .. I'm the one who's thinking something's wrong "

He jogged to Haru while wiping his sweats using his sleeves . When Haru saw Heeseung running towards her, Haru flashed a wide smile and raised her hand high to the sky .
"Heeseung, over here !"

Heeseung pulled up an empty chair next to Haru and sighed "You called me while crying . I rushed here just to see you're enjoying your ramen . My heart almost dropped, you know?"

Hari giggled and clasped her both palms , "I don't mean to worry you "

"You can choose any ramen you want, I will pay for you! ” Haru said confidently , patting Heeseung's back like a CEO trying to convince her new intern .

Heeseung nodded ,
"Sure— wait , what happened to your cheek? "

Heeseung asked in surprise when he saw her reddish left cheek . It looks like a big handprint too.

"My cheek ?"
Haru asked in confusion . She hold her cheek and shaking her head .

"It's not a big deal , I was just involved in a small fight with my dad "

"It's not a small fight if he used violence , Haru "
Heeseung said , eyeing Haru .

Haru chuckled ,
"Don't mind me, this ramen won't taste good if it's cold "

Heeseung refused to listen to Haru's words, he pulled Haru's chair closer to him as he hold Haru's chin and turn her face, giving him space to examine Haru's cheek . 

He frowned when he saw there was a small wound but it looked very painful. The blood is already dry and Heeseung is sure she just got that mark .

Sighing , Heeseung slightly knocked Haru's head and gets up from his seat . He goes into the convenience store, leaving Haru alone outside.

Haru pouted and immediately reached for her ramen, the food she craved so much .
"It's not good to be mad in front of a meal, uh— it's very hot "