27 | bitter dreams

Start from the beginning

"Haru ? Where are you ?"

"Ha—"
His steps stopped when he saw a familiar tiny figure, reading a book while leaning against a shelf .

The pair of beautiful and mesmerizing eyes looked towards Heeseung, she flashed him a beautiful yet sarcastic smile .
"What are you doing in the library? It's rare to see Lee Heeseung set foot here"

Tears collected at the lids of his eyes, his heart felt relieved to see Haru in fine condition.  He immediately approached the girl and hugged her tightly that took Haru by surprise .

"Lee , what's going on ?"
Haru asked her worriedly, feeling strange when the boy came to her while crying .

"Stay still," Heeseung whispered with his cracked voice.  He tightened his hug , hugging Haru tightly .

Haru's heart softened , her hands slowly rubbing Heeseung's back .
"Is something bothering you?"

Heeseung sniffed , he rested his chin on Haru's shoulder .
"I have a nightmare"

"A really , really devastated one"

"In that dream, you left me"

"You broke your promise"

"And left me all of a sudden"

"It feels very real, but I'm thankful it's just a dream "

"You are in my embrace now, I will not let you go "

"Everything is just fine"

Both of them were silent for a moment, only the sniffles being the background sounds.
"You're not going to leave me, right?"

Haru softly smiled but she didn't answer, she broke the hug and faced Heeseung.  The girl tiptoed and gently wiped his tears using her thumbs .
"Stop crying , it doesn't suit you"

"No matter where I go, I will always look for you"

"I will always watch you and follow you"

"Even in our next life, I will still look for you"

"So don’t be sad, hm? ”
Haru uttered softly .

Heeseung took Haru’s hand and put it on his right cheek .He closed his eyes and enjoyed the warmth that he thought he would lose forever .

Haru chuckled ,
"Stop being dramatic, let's go back to class now? "

Heeseung nodded happily , he patted Haru's head before interwined their hands together.  The boy pulled Haru with him, pulling her into class .

"What do you want to do after school ?" Heeseung asked Haru .

"What if we go to my mum's cafe first then to han river? "

"I heard they will have a fireworks festival there tonight, you will love it"

"What do you think, Haru? "

"Haru ?"

"Yah , answer me"

No answer from Haru, Heeseung also began to feel the warmth in his hand disappear.  He stopped his steps and turned around .
"Ha—"

"Why are you standing there?"
Heeseung asked Haru who was standing not far from him, her eyes looked glassy as she smiled bitterly .

Haru flashed him a warm smile , the girl raised her hand and softly waved at him .

"I'm so sorry ,"

"Please don't forget me, Lee"

"Thanks for everything "