"Oh, alright," Molly replied, placing a kiss on the top of Rose's head. As Rose went to respond, Percy walked in. He was already dressed, his Hogwarts Prefect badge pinned to his knitted tank top.

"Morning, all," said Percy briskly. "Lovely day."

He sat down in the only remaining chair but leapt up again almost immediately, pulling from underneath him a moulting, grey feather duster- Errol!

"Errol!" said Ron, taking the limp owl from Percy and extracting a letter from under its wing. "Finally – he's got Hermione's answer. I wrote to her saying we were going to try and rescue you from the Dursleys."

He carried Errol to a perch just inside the back door and tried to stand him on it, but Errol flopped straight off again so Ron laid him on the draining board instead, muttering, "Pathetic." Then he ripped open Hermione's letter and read it out loud:

Dear Ron, and Harry if you're there,

I hope everything went all right and that Harry is OK and that you didn't do anything illegal to get him out, Ron, because that would get Harry into trouble, too. I've been really worried and if Harry is all right, will you please let me know at once, but perhaps it would be better if you used a different owl, because I think another delivery might finish your one off.

I'm very busy with school work, of course – "How can she be?" said Ron in horror. "We're on holiday!" – and we're going to London next Wednesday to buy my new books. Why don't we meet in Diagon Alley?

Let me know what's happening as soon as you can, love from Hermione.

"Well, that fits nicely, we can go and get all your things then, too," said Molly, starting to clear the table. "What're you all up to today?"

"Ginny and I were thinking of going to the muggle village to see some of the shops down there," Rose said, winking at Ginny. "If that's alright with you, Molly?"

"Aren't you playing quidditch with us?" Harry asked, surprised.  

"Sorry, brother, I promised Gin I would spend the day with her," Rose said, giving Ginny a side hug, Ginny flushed crimson as Harry turned his eyes to her.

"Oh, of course, as long as Percy takes you!" Molly said cheerily.

Percy instantly picked up his head.

"But, Mother!" He began indignantly. "I have very important things to be finished with!"

"Oh, come one, Percy!" Rose begged. "It'll be fun! Please?"

Ginny and Rose both turned to Percy with a bug pout in their lips, to which Percy sighed and gave in.

• • •

"So, Percy, tell us, who have you been oweling non stop?" Rose asked that afternoon as they walked back from the village. They had only bought sweets which Ginny was happily eating.

"I don't know what you're talking about," said Percy as he turned his nose up in the air.

"Oh, cut it out, Perce!" Ginny huffed. "Who do you think we are? Fred and George? We know you've been talking to someone!"

"I don't want to talk about it!" Percy stomped his feet and walked faster. Ginny and Rose shared a look before bursting into laughter.

"Have you talked to lover-boy recently?" Ginny asked, chewing on her chocolate.

"I owled him earlier today, told him we would be in Diagon Alley in Wednesday." Rose shrugged.

"Will he meet us there?"