Blaise's eyes narrowed. "Maybe, but seeing how Slytherins monster can't duel this club won't be of much use."

"It's probably because of Lockhart," Daphne guessed. "Dumbledore had to have heard how much of an idiot the man is, and having a dueling club is the only way anyone will learn anything." As they walked into the Great Hall she glanced at where Ron was sitting. "And some people really do need all the help they can get."

That night at eight o'clock, they made their way to the Great Hall. The long dining tables had vanished and a golden stage had appeared along one wall, lit by thousands of candles floating overhead. The ceiling was velvety black once more and most of the school seemed to be packed beneath it. The first years were looking around eagerly while a group of older Slytherins appeared to only be there to see if any drama would happen.

"Who do you think will be teaching us?" Jenna asked as she stood up on her tip toes. "I hope it will be Flitwick or Severus, I heard from Roger that Flitwick was a dueling champion in his youth."

"As long as it isn't-" Blaise began before breaking off and groaning.

Harrison turned to where he was looking and saw Gilderoy Lockhart walking onto the stage. He was wearing resplendent in robes of deep plum and accompanied by none other than Snape, wearing his usual black. Harrison scowled, he'd rather be taught by a blasted house elf than have more lessons with Lockhart.

Lockhart waved an arm for silence and called, "Gather round, gather round! Can everyone see me?"

"Unfortunately," Cass said as her lips thinned.

"Can you all hear me?" Lockhart continued. "Excellent! Now, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little Dueling Club, to train you all up, in case you ever need to defend yourselves as I myself have done on countless occasions, for full details, see my published works." Harrison rolled his eyes, if Lockhart's done half the things he says he had than Harrison would be best friends with Dumbledore. "Let me introduce my assistant Professor Snape," said Lockhart, flashing a wide smile.

Blaise snorted. "Sev won't like being called his assistant."

Blaise was correct, Harrison could see Snape's eyes take on a dangerous gleam. Harrison's lips quirked into a smirk, this was going to be interesting.

"He tells me he knows a tiny little bit about dueling himself and has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration before we begin. Now, I don't want any of you youngsters to worry - you'll still have your Potions Master when I'm through with him, never fear!" Lockhart bounced on the balls of his feet.

Harrison fought off the urge to sneer and hex the mans annoying face off. Who does this man think he is? Severus could beat him in a duel with both hands tied behind his back. By the looks on the other Slytherins faces they were fighting the same urge.

"Wouldn't it be good if they finished each other off?" Harrison heard Ron say to Dean and Seamus; he shot them a glare before turning back to the stage.

Snape's upper lip was curling. Lockhart and Snape turned to face each other and bowed; at least, Lockhart did, with much twirling of his hands, where as Snape jerked his head irritably. Then they raised their wands like swords in front of them.

"As you see, we are holding our wands in the accepted combative position," Lockhart told the silent crowd. "On the count of three, we will cast our first spells. Neither of us will be aiming to kill, of course."

"How unfortunate," Harrison drawled causing his friends to snicker and Hermione to send him a reprimanding look. It would save me a headache if Severus finished him off.

"One - two - three -"

Both of them swung their wands up and over their shoulders. Snape cried "Expelliarmus!"

There was a dazzling flash of scarlet light and Lockhart was blasted off his feet; he flew backwards off the stage, smashed into the wall and slid down to sprawl on the floor.

Harrison smirked while the other Slytherins cheered.

Hermione was dancing on tiptoes. "Oh do you think he's alright?"

"Who cares," Draco sneered.

"You're very insensitive," Hermione said disapprovingly. She stared at him the way McGonagall looked at the Weasley twins when she knew they were up to something.

"I'm not insensitive," Draco snapped. "I just don't care."

Hermione frowned but didn't say anything when Harrison shook his head. Harrison knew that he'd be needing a headache relieving potion by the end of the night.

Lockhart was getting unsteadily to his feet. His hat had fallen off and his wavy hair was standing on end.

"Well there you have it!" Lockhart said, tottering back on to the platform. "That was a Disarming Charm - as you see, I've lost my wand - ah, thank you, Miss Brown. Yes, an excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape, but if you don't mind me saying so, it was very obvious what you were about to do. If I had wanted to stop you, it would have been only too easy. However, I felt it would be instructive to let them see..."

"Of course," Leo said sounding bored.

Snape was looking murderous.

Possibly Lockhart had noticed, because he said, "Enough demonstrating! I'm going to come amongst you now and put you all into pairs. Professor Snape, if you'd like to help me ..."

They moved through the crowd, matching up partners. Lockhart teamed Neville with Ernie Macmillan, but Snape reached Ron, Seamus and Dean first.

"I don't think so Mr. Weasley, Mr. Finnigan," Snape said, smiling coldly. "Mr. Weasley, you'll pair with Mr. Riddle. Let's see what you make of Mr. Finnigan, Mr. Malfoy. Ah let's see, and Mr. Thomas you can partner with Mr. Lestrange."