Chapter 19 ~ The Brunch

Klaus snuck out at some point during the early hours the next morning

Klaus snuck out at some point during the early hours the next morning. We'd somehow been successful in not waking my family up, so Tyler was completely oblivious when he came down for breakfast.

"Good morning," he greeted me as he entered the kitchen.

Ignoring him, I continued to search in the refrigerator, finally settling on a carton of apple juice. I took off the cap and knocked it back, as if Tyler hadn't even spoken.

"Jeez, come on, K. You can't stay mad at me forever," he sighed, hopping up onto the bar stool.

I snorted, wiping my mouth with the back of my hand. "I can and I will."

"That's a bit dramatic, don't you think?" he questioned. "I was just trying to protect you from that psychopath."

"How do you even know him?" I asked, whirling to face him with fury. "I've never seen him before in my life yet suddenly everyone around me is trying to stop me from being near him."

Tyler shook his head, clearly wanting to explain but knew he wasn't allowed. "Look, you just need to trust us on this, okay? There's things that happened during your time unconscious that involve him and it's for the best if he stays far away."

"If you would just tell me what happened then maybe I would listen to you," I snapped.

Guilt flashed across my brother's features. "Kayla, I'm sorry, I can't-"

I rolled my eyes, storming past him. "Ugh, whatever."

"Wait-"

I raised a middle finger over my shoulder, hoping he'd get the hint that I was finished with this conversation.

Back in my bedroom, I picked my outfit for the day before jumping in the shower. Once washed, dried and looking acceptable to leave the house, I grabbed my keys and headed out, stealthily enough that my family didn't hear me.

Driving away from the mansion, I typed in the address for The Angel Hotel into the Navigation System, eager to take the fastest route. Twenty minutes was the shortest journey time - that would do.

The snow had almost completely melted away by now, a glimmer of sunshine breaking through the winter sky, warming the frosty air only slightly. The roads were much safer to drive on. Thankfully, I didn't have to worry about swerving the car into a ditch before even getting to the hotel.

Pulling into the parking lot, I found the closest space and got out, hurrying inside the hotel. The lobby was nicely decorated, flowers scattered across the white walls, giving the place a summery feel.

"Hi there," I greeted the receptionist at the front desk with a smile. "Could you tell me which room a Mr Kai Parker is currently staying in please?"

She looked up at me apologetically, shaking her head. "I can't, I'm afraid. That information is confidential."

I sighed, rolling my eyes. Fine. We'll do this the hard way.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐄𝐏 ~ Kai ParkerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara