Chapter 3 ~ The Road Trip

I froze in fear

I froze in fear. When I could finally move again, I lost it. Grabbing the lamp from my bedside table, I launched it in Kai's direction. He threw his arm out instinctively, hurling the lamp to the side with magic, much to my disappointment.

"Get out!" I yelled.

"What?" he asked, blinking in surprise.

"I said, get out!" I was blind with rage. There was something about Kai that made me so temperamental. "Get out of my house now. You're crazy."

Kai frowned, approaching me cautiously. I guess he'd learned not to push me too far after last time. "Mikaela, calm down, you're overreacting."

I laughed harshly, blood boiling in my veins. "Overreacting?" I snapped. "You just said you're gonna kill me. Excuse me if I'm a little bit offended."

He held his arms out towards me, trying to diffuse the situation. "But you won't stay dead-"

I clenched my jaw, nostrils flaring. "Kai, I'm giving you 5 seconds to leave, or I swear I will rip you to shreds. Again." When he didn't move, I started the countdown. "5."

Kai gulped, eyes widening. "If you'd just listen-"

"4."

"Please, Mikaela-" he tried desperately.

"3," I continued.

He raised an eyebrow. "Are you really counting right now?"

"2," I warned.

"Mickie-"

"1," I said finally, making a move towards him.

Kai threw his hands up in exasperation. "Alright, alright! I'm leaving, jeez!" And without another word, he vanished.

I raked my hands through my hair in frustration, yelling at the ceiling. I didn't want to spend another minute stuck in this hell-loop with the man of my nightmares.

Forcing myself to try and feel fairly normal - whatever that meant - I took a shower, letting the steam from the water act as my own personal sauna, releasing all the tension I'd been holding in.

Once back in my bedroom with a towel wrapped around me, I rummaged through my drawers looking for something to wear. Grabbing a crop top and sweatpants, it was only when I placed the outfit on the bed ready to change into that I noticed a stray sheet of paper on top of the covers. Confused, I picked it up, reading the words written on it.

'I'm sorry. Break the sire-bond so you can come home. I miss you. B.'

B? Bonnie?

Grabbing a lighter from the drawer of my bedside table, I lit the note on fire, expression blank as I watched it burn.

Nice try, Prison World. You're gonna have to do a lot better than that to crack me.

As the paper disintegrated into nothing, I felt something hit me in the back of the head. Whirling around, I noticed the cushion lying on the floor, metres away from where it had just been on the bed only moments before. Before it had been hurled at me, that is.