Chapter 55 ~ The Vengeance

Tyler's POV

Tyler's POV

January 9th

After leaving the wake - and telling my sister that I was going out with some friends - I got in my car and drove as fast as I could back to Whitmore. The roads were quiet, thankfully. The sooner I got to my dorm, the sooner I could leave.

As I walked quickly through the dorm corridors, someone appeared from around a corner - someone I really didn't want to see right now.

She paused before almost colliding with me, glancing up at my impatient features. "Oh," Liv said softly with a blink. "Hey."

I forced a smile. "Sorry, no time to chat." Without another word, I attempted to push past her.

Her hand flew out to grab my arm, stopping me in my tracks. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be back home?"

Glaring down at her fingers on my bicep, I replied, "I'm going out of town for a while," before shrugging her off and continuing full-speed ahead towards my room.

"Why?" Liv's voice called after me, following quickly behind but struggling to keep up. "Where are you going?"

Finally outside my door, I got out my keys and unlocked it, stepping inside. I turned to glance back at her. "That's not your concern anymore." To emphasise my words, I tried to shut the door in her face.

Of course, she stopped it before the door had a chance to close completely, slamming it back open with her hand. Realisation clouded her pretty features. "You're going after him, aren't you?"

Refusing to say a word, I rolled my eyes and walked away. I grabbed a rucksack from my closet and began packing away a few outfits and essentials that I would need on my travels.

Footsteps entered my room. "Tyler, please tell me you're not dumb enough to do something so reckless?"

Focusing on packing, I kept my eyes on the task at hand as I replied, "Like I said - it's not your concern anymore."

It was quiet for a moment before Liv let out a sigh. "I can't believe I'm about to say this but have you even thought about what this will do to Kayla?"

Losing all patience, I finally gave the witch my full attention. "I'm doing this for her!" I yelled, whirling to face her. "That monster has destroyed our lives, my sister's the most! He can't get away with this any longer!"

Her brows pulled together with concern. "Ty... She's just lost her mom. Don't let her grieve her brother too."

I barely flinched as I returned to packing my things. "I'll be fine."