Chapter 76 ~ The Outcast

TW: 18+ only! This chapter contains explicit content, violence, gore and graphic details that may be upsetting to some readers

Klaus's POV

"Have a nice life, Klaus."

Mikaela's words had played in my mind on repeat from the very moment she'd uttered them.

They'd stayed there on a continuous loop even as the call ended. Even as I'd set my next plan in motion. Even as I sat on a private flight all the way from New Orleans to Portland during the late hours of the night.

And especially now, as I stood on Joshua Parker's front lawn, holding a magical relic in my palm. With a quick flick of my wrist, I threw it towards the seemingly empty plot. The air in the space wavered before uncloaking the large white house. I smirked, ready to burn the building to the ground if that's what it took.

Someone had to pay for what they had done to my little Hybrid.

"Joshua!" I yelled as I approached the mansion. "Show yourself!" Grabbing the handle, I broke the lock and pushed the door open, the invisible barrier stopping me from entering informing me that he was still breathing. I chuckled darkly to myself. "I would just like to have a friendly chat..."

No reply. A stupid decision, really.

"I never deemed a man with so many evil plans to be such a coward!" I yelled into the house, pressing my palms against the door frame to lean in as much as I could.

No one appeared. However, a faint sound of soft cries and muffled whimpering could be heard from inside.

"Shh," a voice whispered, attempting to keep their visitor silent.

I grinned. "I think you're probably gonna want to let me in!"

When Joshua continued to defy my wishes, I shrugged and turned around, scanning the porch. Grasping one of the panels of the railing, I broke it away from the rest of the fence, followed by another. Holding sharpened wood in either of my hands, I launched one after the other into the hallway with as much force as I could muster, smashing the windows and damaging the walls inside.

Still nothing? No problem.

From the garden I picked up heavy rocks then threw them repeatedly through the front windows of the house, grinning as the glass shattered. Someone let out a small yelp from inside before Joshua told them to be quiet once again.

"I will get into that house one way or another, so you may as well surrender now!" I warned them. "Whatever power you may think you're capable of, I can assure you, it's useless in my presence!" The veins under my eyes began to pulsate as my impatient wrath only increased with every passing second he refused to cooperate. "There's no way you can stop me!"