Prologue

"She's an abomination

"She's an abomination."

Three words. That's all I hear when I first start to come around. Everything was still black, and my head hurt. My veins felt like they were on fire and I couldn't move.

But nothing hurt more than those three words.

"She's a Hybrid, Mom. She's still learning." My brother's voice momentarily pulled me out of my heartbreak.

"I was willing to accept you were both werewolves, but this? This is too much," my Mom's bitter voice sent a second stab of pain through my chest.

"I've been through it too, you didn't give up on me?" Tyler offered.

"You didn't kill dozens of people Tyler!" she shot back. "She's in love with that-that monster! She'll do anything for him and I won't stand for it anymore." Taking a deep, shaky breath, she controlled her tone. "We have to do something."

"This is hurting her, Mom. I don't want to sit here and watch my sister in pain."

"I can send her away," a new voice chirped up. Liv is here too?

"Send her away?" Tyler echoed.

"Yeah. My coven told me stories of these places that they created to keep people in, away from society. We can send her there until she's broken the sire-bond and learned to control herself."

I froze. Please don't send me away! I wanted to scream at them. I'll change, I promise! But my lips wouldn't form the words.

"Like a prison?" my Mom questioned, interest lacing her tone.

"Exactly. They called them Prison Worlds. I know of one that we can send her to. I can get the ascendant from my family then Luke and I can do the spell. All we need is Bennett blood." Liv's voice ended hesitantly, knowing it would be a lot to ask of Bonnie, her being my best friend after all.

Ha! Bonnie would never send me away. Take that, Livvie-Poo!

My eyelids finally start to flutter, the bright light above my head burning my retinas.

"Mikaela! You're awake! Are you okay?" My brother rushed over to me.

Glancing down, I noticed my wrists and ankles bound by metal cuffs as I led on a hospital-style bed. The material burned my skin in a way that I knew could only be caused by a toxic herb.

"You've vervained me?" I questioned weakly, flames licking the walls of my throat.

"I'm sorry, Kayla, but we had to." Tyler gulped, staring down at me with guilt shining in his brown eyes. "You killed a lot of people."

I rolled my head over to look at my Mom, arms folded across her chest as she stood in the doorway, watching the room.

"Mom? Let me go, please. I'll change," I begged her.

She didn't look at me, didn't flinch, as if I had never even spoken.

"Do whatever you have to do. And get it over with," she told the couple stood next to my bed. And with one last look of disgust, she walked away.

At that very moment, my heart shattered into a million pieces. And I didn't think it would ever be whole again.

Tears sprung to my eyes as I turned back to my older brother. "Don't let them send me away, Ty..." I whispered hoarsely. From pain or unbearable emotion, I couldn't tell.

"I'm sorry, Sis," Tyler sighed. "I love you."

And then he stabbed me, injecting more vervain into my system.

I gasped aloud, eyes widening.

And then they closed again, blackness surrounding me once more.