Chapter 65 ~ The Rave

(Sorry if this gif causes sensory issues with the flashing! If it's a problem, please let me know and I will change it immediately!)

A slightly longer chapter than usual, please enjoy!

Kai's POV

"Kai!" Jeremy gasped as I stepped inside my apartment a few days later, dragging my suitcase. "You're back!"

I shrugged, closing the door behind me. "Sort of."

Daisy zoomed around the main room excitedly, nearly knocking everything over in her path. I hadn't seen her this happy in a while.

"Someone's happy to be home," Matt commented with a chuckle. She jumped onto the couch with the boys who were attempting to play a video game, licking them almost to death.

I snorted, dropping her bag of necessities onto the countertop in the kitchen. "At least one of us is."

"Are you not staying?" Jeremy wondered, glancing over at me as he petted Daisy.

"That depends on how tonight goes."

"Tonight?" Matt asked with a raised brow.

"Yeah." When they continued to stare at me blankly, I frowned. "The rave?"

The boys shared nervous glances. "Oh, God," Jeremy murmured.

I sighed. "What did I miss?"

They looked back in my direction. "You weren't supposed to know about that," Matt informed me.

Rolling my eyes, I said, "What? Is it, like, a secret or something?"

"Kayla warned us to keep you out of town or she'd start killing the locals again," Matt explained sheepishly.

I let out a harsh laugh. "Well, I'm here now so she'll have to like it or lump it." I turned serious. "I'm getting her back."

Jeremy flashed a grin. "That's the best news I've heard all day."

Returning the smile, I pulled my suitcase with me towards the bedroom. "You guys mind if I use the bathroom to get ready?"

Matt chuckled. "It's your apartment, man."

I blinked in realisation before giggling to myself. "Oh yeah."

Heading inside the bedroom was a weird feeling. Everything was still in one piece, pretty much exactly as I'd left it. Some of my jackets were still hung up on the back of the door, my less-used jewellery and cologne were still sitting on top of my dresser. This was still my room.

And yet it felt like it belonged to a stranger.

Heaving a sigh, I slipped into the bathroom, trying not to take much notice of how uncomfortable I felt being back here. Stripping off, I let the water of the shower heat up before stepping inside. I spent a little longer than usual under the humid rainfall, never feeling fully clean no matter how much I washed.