Chapter 14 ~ The Beach

"Mikaela, wake up!"

"Mikaela, wake up!"

I groaned, jolting awake. "Uh uh," I snapped, eyes still shut. "I'm laying down some more rules, this can't keep happening."

"Get up, come on!" I heard Kai say, shaking me.

"What for?" I sighed.

"We have a flight to catch."

I sat up immediately. "Wait, what?"

"Pack your bags," he said with a grin. "I'm taking you away for the weekend. This town is getting boring."

"Seriously?" I gasped with delight.

"Yes," he chuckled, then raised a brow. "Unless you'd rather sleep in bed all day?"

"No!" I yelled, throwing the duvet off my body. "I'm up!"

"Good girl," Kai teased, wheeling a suitcase towards me.

"Where are we going?" I asked excitedly, grabbing the suitcase and dropping it onto the bed, already open. "What kind of stuff do I need to pack? Like summer clothes or layers and layers of wool?"

"Miami," was all he said, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed, watching me amusedly.

"Miami?" I squealed. "Shut. Up!" I rushed over to my wardrobe, searching through my clothes on the hangers. "Okay so I'll need a bikini and some shorts and crop tops. Oh, and a cute summer dress and some sandals and sunglasses and-"

"Wow, and I thought I talked a lot," Kai commented, throwing his head back with laughter.

"You do," I shot back, then started packing clothes into the case. "Oh my God, this is going to be so fun!" I paused briefly, turning to look at Kai. "Wait, why Miami?"

"I've never been there," he replied easily with a shrug.

I shook my head in disbelief. "So you're telling me you've been here all these years and you've never been to Miami?"

"That's exactly what I'm telling you."

"So I'm taking your Miami virginity?" I asked, feeling almost proud.

Kai smirked. "I mean, sure, if that's what you're planning..."

I scrunched up my face, realising what I'd said. "Ew, no, I didn't mean it like that."

"Sure thing," he said with a chuckle.

I pulled out the black slip dress from the wardrobe, eyeing it thoughtfully. Was this trip the 'another time' I'd been waiting for to wear it?

"Ooh, that's a pretty dress," Kai commented with a grin.

Yes. This trip was exactly the time to wear it.

Packing the dress into the suitcase, I tried to hide the blush creeping across my face. I grabbed the only pair of heels I owned in this Prison World, a pair of open-toed black Stilettos and placed them to the side, ready to pack.