Chapter 13 ~ The Control

'Day 35 in the Prison World,Things have gone back to normal now that Kai is home

Things have gone back to normal now that Kai is home.
Days are repetitive but enjoyable.
There's no sign of us getting out of here any time soon, but part of me doesn't even really mind.
In a selfish way, I liked having Kai all to myself.
We kiss and flirt and play around but it hasn't gone any further than that. He has become my best friend.
We sleep separately and we avoid talking about feelings. The minute they're hinted at, the minute things get awkward. And I don't want awkwardness with Kai.
Right now everything is just easy. Effortless.
I dread the day that everything changes.'

"Anything about me in there today?"

My head snapped up as Kai entered my bedroom, typical smirk playing on his lips.

I slammed the diary shut. "None of your business."

Kai chuckled, coming to perch on the edge of my bed. "Aw, come on, Mickie," he teased. "There shouldn't be any secrets in the Prison World."

I scoffed, pulling the journal closer to my chest. "No secrets," I replied easily. "You know what's going on, I just don't want to repeat it. Save us both the embarrassment."

"As you wish," Kai said, holding his hands up in surrender. He flashed me his signature grin. "How would you feel about a little training session today?"

Arching my brow, I stared blankly at him, dumbfounded. "Training session?" I echoed.

"Yeah," he said. "To get us prepared in case Daddy Gemini ever comes back."

"You're expecting to go against your father again whilst we're still here?" I questioned, a wave of unease washing over me. "Surely he believes we've given up now?"

Kai shrugged. "Doesn't hurt to be safe."

I hummed in thought. "Are we talking magical or physical training?"

"Both," he explained with a smile. "You have the upper-hand physically. Magic is my game."

"So I get to punch you in the face and not get stabbed for it?" I asked, mock delight lacing my tone.

Kai threw his head back with a laugh. "You'll have to catch me first," he joked. "And don't forget I'll have my powers."

"Oh yeah?" I snorted. "And where are you expecting to get those from?"

Kai tilted his head at me, saying nothing. He didn't need to. His face said it all.

"Wait, that's not fair!" I whined as his thoughts registered with me. "Magic trumps strength every time. I don't want to have my ass handed to me, especially when it's my magic that you'll be using."