Epilogue

3 Years Later

3 Years Later

Mikaela's POV

Six hours.

Six hours I'd spent cleaning the house. And even with my vamp speed it still wasn't finished.

I mean, sure, it didn't help that I was doing the whole thing alone - but it's fine. Kai was currently working in Portland with Max, almost finished for the day. It wouldn't be long before he could teleport both him and our son home, ready for the Gemini Coven gathering tonight.

He'd sprung that one on me last minute, I had to admit. One simple text this morning was all I'd received.

'Hey, baby. Coven meeting tonight - gonna be a big one. Get the Tequila and cake ready in the garden. Love you.'

Yeah, thanks for that.

So me being me, of course, I had a mini panic attack then ran around the house like a headless chicken in an attempt to get everything ready. Under no circumstances would I allow my home to be scrutinized by those witch-bitch wives in Kai's coven.

I'd be the talk of the evening: "Did you see how filthy their house was? Poor Kai having to live with such a lazy girlfriend."

How embarrassing.

And to make matters worse? I'd asked all of my friends if any of them could help me - I'd even offered them any $2000 bottle of alcohol of their choice for free - but everyone was apparently 'too busy'.

Which just left little old me trying to get the Lockwood Mansion in a presentable state, answer business calls, and occupy our very energetic dog all by myself.

Oh well. Kai's smiling, proud face would be worth it.

And speaking of...

"Mickie!" a youthful voice cried as they hurried out into the garden where I was currently putting up a canopy to cover the buffet table. Max tackled me in a hug, excited to be home.

I giggled, hugging him back. "Hey, Maximillion. How was your day?"

He pulled back to smile up at me. "It was good. Kai's been in a great mood today." He turned to reach out for one of the sandwiches on the table next to us. I had no time to move his hand away before he picked one up and took a huge bite, smug grin on his face.

"Oh, really?" I teased, placing my hands on my hips and raising a brow. "Did he mention just how stressed I've been whilst he's been having the best day?"

Max shrugged, unfazed. "Nah, not really," he replied nonchalantly before allowing Daisy to grab his attention. They ran onto the grass area together, playing fetch.

"Hey there, Mrs Mayor," a deep voice greeted me suddenly from behind as arms wrapped around my waist.

Unable to stop the smile forming on my lips - no matter how annoyed at him I was - I turned in his embrace and stretched my neck to kiss him softly.